“Fantastic Stay”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had booked one night in Hotel Una having seen the great reviews on Tripadvisor and we were certainly not disappointed. This definitely deserves all the praise it receives. On arrival we were met by Paul who was incredibly helpful. He showed us where all to go on the map and recommended a restaurant for our evening meal. He explained they were having issues with their credit card machine and was most apologetic. We stayed in the Lassie room which was fab - compact but had everything we needed and lovely little touches like the freestanding bath in the bedroom! We were given a breakfast in bed option and the food was all delivered on time and was delicious. All of the staff were extremely warm and friendly and very helpful. We loved the location, the room, the bar, everything about the hotel. I would highly recommend it and hope to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank victoria_jamison
There are newer reviews for Hotel Una

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed in Jubba room. Very nice facilities, everything really clean. Staff were fantastic, so friendly and helpful. I needed a charger for my phone and they found one - no trouble at all. There was a level of service that is not found generally and I was impressed.

The hotel looks out onto a lovely square which has a feeling of space and tranquillity. There was no air con in the room, which is why it lost a star on my rating. Outside was very noisy and noise seemed to reverberate around the square and on a warm night having the window closed to keep the noise out was a poor option that I had no choice but to take. I was there on business and think I was the only guest working. efinitely more of a holiday feel to the place. When I mentioned the noise to the manager in the morning, he informed me that they have rooms with air-con - wished I had known the night before I would have snapped his hand off.

Toiletries in the room were all White Company and the dressing gowns v cosy. Loads of towels. Didn't like the air freshener oil diffuser thing - looked good but the smell was overpowering so that went into the bathroom.

Breakfast was fab. Scrambled eggs and salmon - eggs were cooked to perfection. I would stay here again, Definitely.

Room Tip: Stay at the back if you can, You will lose the view but get some peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Have to say how impressed I was at the warmth of service and hospitality received. We were on a spontaneous visit. We were very warmly welcomed by friendly service. A great restaurant recommended for eve meal. On return to hotel with tired children were offered a range of kid's DVD's to help them relax prior to sleep. Bed v comfy and all amenities in room. Breakfast elegant cooked to order and delicious. More than this was the genuine service and attention to detail and kindness that money really cannot buy. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank silva02
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival I was asked to have my card scanned for 285 to held as a deposit which would then immediately be available funds again once the bill was payed on check out. However it doesn't go back in immediately it takes 7-10 days. I am now short of money because of these people and they won't confirm in writing that they will refund the money in full if it doesn't get taken. To top it all off on the phone when I called them to asked what had happened they told me that it is me and my bank that is at fault not them. Shockingly bad service for a hotel that cost £235 a night.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank amirobertson
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The two of us stayed in Belize for a weekend. The location in Brighton is good; the underground carpark in the Square outside very convenient; the bar attractive and the reception staff friendly and keen to help. Nice little period features like the wooden lift. But the stylish room is brilliant: like a flat, with big bed, big sofa, jacuzzi (not the strongest bubbles in the world though), and sauna we didn't use as it involved too much planning to heat it up in advance. Put in a small kitchen and you could live in it. Room service for us was prompt. A great treat to ourselves.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IPC74
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Impressed with the whole of our stay, great welcome, sparkling clean rooms, excellent breakfast with a wide choice. Staff all very helpful. Well positioned and very close to the beach. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JulieC21
Reviewed 13 May 2013

From when my wife phoned to make the booking to after we checked out, the staff there were brilliant. The room was great, remember this is a boutique hotel, so do not expect a huge amount of space, but they way they use it is admirable. The bar was great, they way they accommodated our two kids was brilliant, the recommendation as to where to eat, what to do in the day, advice on car parking, where to go and what to do in Brighton as well as looking after our cases once we had checked out. We have stayed in Brighton before, the last time was over five years ago and we are used to great service in the town, and while we have not been disappointed in the past this place has been the best so far, and considering the competition it faces, I think that has to be considered as well. When we return to Brighton, even though we have had great experiences in other the places we have stayed, I suspect this will be the first place that we will call.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family