Hotel Una
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$266
US$258
US$327
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$217
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,031 results
All reviewsregency squaredanube roomcinema roomeden roombreakfast in bedeggs benedictboutique hotelgreat cocktailsthe underground car parklarge tvdvd playerlounge areawalk in showerlovely hotelcocktail barboth morningsfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed for 2nights late May in Jubba. This is a lovely room with a small but well designed seating area and a large comfortable bed. Breakfast was very good especially the eggs benedict. We have stayed at the Una before and would recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet but central place to stay. There are many great places to eat in the area but we love tapas and Ole ole in the Lanes serves the best tapas in town.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JayneHTB
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were warmly welcomed in this charming and homely hotel, which is perfectly located on a beautiful green square facing the sea, surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to the heart of the town. Each room is named after a river and has been individually and cleverly designed to create unusual rooms. We stayed for one night in Usk, a 'large room' on the top floor, which had a separate sleeping area. The living room unusually included the shower and free standing bath, the bedroom area and WC was rather tight, but fine for one night. Breakfast brought to our room at no extra charge was a brilliant idea - eggs benedict with salmon delicious!
Would definitely stay here again and try out another room.
This hotel does not have a spa, but there is the option of having an in-room massage, which we booked before arriving. A good way of starting a relaxing seaside break!

Room Tip: The online photos of the room we stayed in - Usk - made it look far bigger than it was. If you need lots of space in the WC and around your bed, then this is not the room for you. But at £140 per night with breakfast it was definitely good value. Usk faces onto the square and looking to the left one can see the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelicious_T
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at hotel una in February with my partner. We stayed in the usk room, it was a nice room, quite small and small cramped bathroom but the room was cosy and homely. Service in the hotel was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really nice. I don't think I would stay for longer than a couple of nights break but only due to the room size. The location is good for Brighton town centre and seafront. It was really noisy with the window open with someone screaming their head off outside at about 4am but I think that's just Brighton and not the hotels fault at all!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had booked one night in Hotel Una having seen the great reviews on Tripadvisor and we were certainly not disappointed. This definitely deserves all the praise it receives. On arrival we were met by Paul who was incredibly helpful. He showed us where all to go on the map and recommended a restaurant for our evening meal. He explained they were having issues with their credit card machine and was most apologetic. We stayed in the Lassie room which was fab - compact but had everything we needed and lovely little touches like the freestanding bath in the bedroom! We were given a breakfast in bed option and the food was all delivered on time and was delicious. All of the staff were extremely warm and friendly and very helpful. We loved the location, the room, the bar, everything about the hotel. I would highly recommend it and hope to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank victoria_jamison
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed in Jubba room. Very nice facilities, everything really clean. Staff were fantastic, so friendly and helpful. I needed a charger for my phone and they found one - no trouble at all. There was a level of service that is not found generally and I was impressed.

The hotel looks out onto a lovely square which has a feeling of space and tranquillity. There was no air con in the room, which is why it lost a star on my rating. Outside was very noisy and noise seemed to reverberate around the square and on a warm night having the window closed to keep the noise out was a poor option that I had no choice but to take. I was there on business and think I was the only guest working. efinitely more of a holiday feel to the place. When I mentioned the noise to the manager in the morning, he informed me that they have rooms with air-con - wished I had known the night before I would have snapped his hand off.

Toiletries in the room were all White Company and the dressing gowns v cosy. Loads of towels. Didn't like the air freshener oil diffuser thing - looked good but the smell was overpowering so that went into the bathroom.

Breakfast was fab. Scrambled eggs and salmon - eggs were cooked to perfection. I would stay here again, Definitely.

Room Tip: Stay at the back if you can, You will lose the view but get some peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business