“Exceeds all possible expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Ms
“Exceeds all possible expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Two weeks spent in Brighton at Una hotel - no regrets whatsoever! The staff are so attentive and helpful, you just could not believe it. They are also extremely knowledgeable about everything in Brighton - restaurants, shops, museums etc.
The bar at Una needs to be singled out - a real jewel! The rooms (we've stayed in Flores and Santana) are very trendy and nicely furnished.
Would definitely come back.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Arrr01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was taken to this hotel as a surprise for my 30th by my fiancé who researched romantic hotel/suites in and around Brighton. We were not disappointed, easy to find (pricey underground car park opposite but it's in the city centre so expected) check-in straight forward, and then we just slipped away into our room. Breakfast in bed was excellent and it felt like we were the only guests staying as it was so quiet. Perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Colza01
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my 30th birthday weekend celebrations in Brighton and it was fantastic! The staff were all very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I've never been to such a high quality hotel! Attention has been paid to every detail!

The bed and pillows were very comfortable so we slept very well. The bathroom was plush and had the white company products inside. Towels and bathrobes were top quality. Lovely decor provided a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Massive flat screen TV with sound system. We had room service for breakfast both mornings and it was so yummy! Hands down the best breakfast I've eaten in a hotel. Bar prices were good. It really felt like our own luxury pad in Brighton. I'm just sad we didn't stay for longer!

You can hear some noise from people walking in rooms above and people walking outside on Regency Square. This didn't disturb me at all but if you're a very light sleeper it's something to consider - though you will always have some noise in such a central location.

Next time I'm down in Brighton I'd love to stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WhamBamThankYouSam
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here in July 2014 and was extremely happy with the hotel. The service was first class from arrival to departure and the room was both original and comfortable.

I stayed in the "Santana" suite, it's got a very original decor and the window looking through from the lounge to the bedroom is quite an interesting touch. The freestanding bath is very big and ideal for tall people like myself who do not fit in a normal built-in bath. The bed was very comfortable and I got a very good night's sleep. TVs in both the lounge and the bedroom plus a huge range of DVDs to borrow from downstairs gives ample opportunity for entertainment plus free wifi and plenty of sockets located around the room to power your gadgets... something too many hotels are lacking in.

I checked in a bit early and they were very accommodating, the staff were also happy to recommend local bars as I was meeting friends and their recommendations were definitely good! At breakfast the staff were excellent again and made sure I got everything I wanted. The breakfast itself was also one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had in years and it was free with the room, which is a brilliant bonus.

The only real downsides to it were that there does seem to be some issue with soundproofing. Both through the walls and the floors, isolation does seem to be lacking and I could hear people walking around upstairs and using the adjacent staircase quite clearly. If that could be sorted I think it would be a big help for delicate sleepers. The only other thing to be aware of is that you won't get a room with a view here... my view was of some monstrosity of a block of council flats which on a rainy morning looked particularly depressing! But I think if you could get a front-side room with views over the square, this would be a lot nicer.

On the whole very happy with the experience and won't hesitate staying there again, I found the £185 price tag very reasonable especially considering that it included an excellent cooked breakfast. The cost of room service drinks are also very generous and frankly the cost of beers and cocktails are nothing out of line with what you would pay in any of the bars in Brighton anyway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have a nicer view from the windows. But ultimately, the rooms in this hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 535dizzle535
St. Louis MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Very nice bed and breakfast. Very quaint, right on the square near the ocean. The service and staff were impeccable. Bed was comfortable, shower was great. Plenty of room in our room to move around. We stayed in the Gaula room. I do wish the TV for the bathroom would have been working; I see in the reviews that it has not been working for months -- the screen is frozen when you turn it on. The wood floors are noisy, so you would need to bring a noise machine for sleeping or use a white noise app on your smart phone. We used an app and had no problems at all. There were no outlets near regular mirrors in our room, so I had to dry/style my hair in front of a strange looking mirror-type thing --- it looked like a full-length mirror except it was a very dark grey instead of a regular mirrored surface. So, I could barely see myself. I have no idea what it was, but it worked ok for that purpose. The breakfast was fantastic. There was a buffet for cereal, juice and pastries, but then they serve you the main portions. The smoked salmon was amazing..... There is also a bar in this bed/breakfast. Nice touch. Parking is not great, but I believe that is the situation with all of Brighton. You must park in a garage a block or two away. But it is not a big deal at all.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank peaceful08
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Alba and I have just returned home after a wonderful last minute 2 night stay at Hotel Una.

We chose this hotel after reading previous trip advisor reviews, and I can say with absolute certainty that this hotel is the nicest independently run small hotel we have ever stayed in.

All the staff (especially Paul, Eva, Oli, and Ben),were helpful, friendly and very welcoming. Paul gave us some great advice on where to visit and eat - and even made our reservations, whilst Ben made some of the finest Cocktails I've ever tasted this side of the Atlantic.

The hotel is modern in its decor, with spacious and comfortably furnished rooms, a superb included breakfast, and a great contemporary bar. The only negative about the hotel is the wooden flooring throughout; which means noise travels easily between the rooms and the floors creak a bit. However given all the other positives and the comfortable bed - this is easily overlooked.

We look forward to coming back down again for another stay in the Autumn!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben P
WGC - Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed for a long weekend with my wife, 3 nights, 4 days. Check in was easy and helped with our luggage to our room. From this first moment and throughout the whole stay we was made to feel welcome by all the staff.
We stayed in Eden which is on the 1st floor at the front of the hotel - would highly recommend this room during the summer. This is one of 2 rooms that has a balcony with chairs and a table on. It overlooks a nice green park were there is always activity and you have a clear view of the sea. The experience is further heightened by the fact that the balcony is in full sun from midday to sunset which was great since we had a superb sunny hot weekend. Perfect place to relax at the end of the day with a cold drink from the hotel bar. Unlike many small hotels, this one has a full well stocked bar with a comfy seating area to relax in.
The room is exceptional big with a comfortable double bed, full size L shaped leather sofa and a large state of the art Samsung TV on the wall. However, unlike other hotel rooms, in the corner of the room is a large corner bath which if you sit the right end, you can relax and still see the sea. During the night the hotel was exceptionally quiet. This is because the corridors are short so less passing traffic and the exceptionally high ceilings make the room above a long way away. WiFi is free and worked well. Room service was spot on with clean bed linen and towels each day.
Breakfast you have the choice of several different hot offerings, all cooked to order. The full English certainly sets you up for the day. There are also help yourself cold selections and a constant supply of any type of coffee or tea. Should you not want to eat down stairs, then they also offer full room service.
The hotel is situated 10 minuets from the pier and 100 yards off the main sea front road. It's actual opposite the old burnt out pier. This again makes for a quiet night because you are away from the clubs on the front which turn out in the early hours but not too far that you are soon amongst everything. The hotel does not have a car park, like most in Brighton. But underneath the green in front is a very secure gated public car park which costs £20 for 24hrs - much cheaper than London.
If you are looking for a budget price hotel, then this is not the place. But if like us you are looking for something that bit special and do not want to stay at large chain hotels, then I would highly recommend here. Being a boutique hotel the rooms are different, so search the one you like and enjoy taking your time looking around the hotel at the various décor and sculptures.

Room Tip: If you like sitting in the evening sun whilst looking at the sea, then stay in one of the 2 front ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple