“stylish but not perfect!”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 1 August 2014

our room danube was spacious and well equipped. The bed was a huge comfortable mattress on a low platform, which made for entertainment when trying to get in and out! As other guests have said the floorboards creak alarmingly and I had poor sleep as a result,
the room has huge windows opening on to the square, but as this is so overlooked we had to keep the shutters closed most of the time (the bath, sofa, shower and bed can all be seen from the square)
my main issue was with breakfast. I ordered porridge and eggs florentine and was told I could only have one or the other! Really? At £250 this is just mean! At every other B and B we have stayed in during our two week tour having both porridge and a cooked breakfast has been no problem!
final issue is rhe parking, it is now £20 per 24 hour period which adds to the cost

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank year2000
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We finally got to stay at this hotel, it was worth the wait. Hotel Una has a wonderfully relaxing feel. The staff are superbly friendly and incredibly customer orientated. We stayed in Jubba which is gorgeous room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank LondonTraveller94
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I must apologise for the lateness of this review! Myself and sister stayed at Una for a 3night break. From the very start the staff were brilliant with my sisters needs due to her ill health; including considerate checkin/out times, food (she's gluten free) and general support to make sure she had the best holiday ever. On top of this the hotel is amazing, the Manager was kind enough to give us a tour! And we shall definitely re-visit time and time again! This is A-star accommodation to say the least and you can expect all the perks plus a fantastic location. The staff have a wonderfully brightonesque aura to them and were great to chat to. I'd particularly like to thank Maric, Paul and Ben to name a few! You made our holiday fab (and my sister had a really positive experience which has improved her confidence), so much so we are coming back in August! Thanks a lot :-)

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Rebekah F
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was our first visit to this hotel and we have stayed at a few in Brighton.
Without a doubt one of the best we have stayed at overall in the UK.
Super clean, very attentive and friendly staff and in a great position.
The whole place has an amazing character and they have kept the nice Regency feel even with the quirky lift.
We had read the revues and knew about the creaking floors and oh yes they did but we were on the top floor so no problem for us.( plans are in to sort the problem).
Bath in our lounge was a very, very nice touch and was a dream for my wife, very sumptuous.
The bedroom was 'snug' but it suited the room, the separate shower and yet a separate loo were also easy to use but again snug.
We had a great romantic weekend and will be going back without a doubt.

Room Tip: The room at the top overlooking the square gets a great view of what's happening.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MrBLondon
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Two weeks spent in Brighton at Una hotel - no regrets whatsoever! The staff are so attentive and helpful, you just could not believe it. They are also extremely knowledgeable about everything in Brighton - restaurants, shops, museums etc.
The bar at Una needs to be singled out - a real jewel! The rooms (we've stayed in Flores and Santana) are very trendy and nicely furnished.
Would definitely come back.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Arrr01
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was taken to this hotel as a surprise for my 30th by my fiancé who researched romantic hotel/suites in and around Brighton. We were not disappointed, easy to find (pricey underground car park opposite but it's in the city centre so expected) check-in straight forward, and then we just slipped away into our room. Breakfast in bed was excellent and it felt like we were the only guests staying as it was so quiet. Perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Colza01
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my 30th birthday weekend celebrations in Brighton and it was fantastic! The staff were all very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I've never been to such a high quality hotel! Attention has been paid to every detail!

The bed and pillows were very comfortable so we slept very well. The bathroom was plush and had the white company products inside. Towels and bathrobes were top quality. Lovely decor provided a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Massive flat screen TV with sound system. We had room service for breakfast both mornings and it was so yummy! Hands down the best breakfast I've eaten in a hotel. Bar prices were good. It really felt like our own luxury pad in Brighton. I'm just sad we didn't stay for longer!

You can hear some noise from people walking in rooms above and people walking outside on Regency Square. This didn't disturb me at all but if you're a very light sleeper it's something to consider - though you will always have some noise in such a central location.

Next time I'm down in Brighton I'd love to stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple