“Stay here, you won't regret it!”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London
“Stay here, you won't regret it!”
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Overall a great stay. The rooms aren't cheap but I've paid the same for hotels with less style and unfriendly staff so we were both happy with the stay here and would highly recommend it. Coco was very helpful as was a chap who worked in the bar who made our hot drinks for us whose name we did not get unfortunately.

My girlfriend and I only had one night in Brighton and I picked Hotel Una based on reviews here. The location is great, right on Regency Square. The hotel is very modern and the design is awesome. The room was a little cramped but the design made it work with a huge glass window between the living room and the bedroom. There was an en suite bathroom and also a large shower in the bedroom itself.

The best reason to stay here, as other reviewers point out, is that the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. They recommended somewhere to eat the night we arrived, showed us to our room and when we returned later we sat in the bar with a cocktail and chose a DVD to watch from their selection. We were both suffering from colds and they made us a hot tea with honey and lemon for free!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sniganoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2009

everything that the previous reviews are true. couldnt think of anything to complain about. the rooms are gorgeous, the night before we arrived the staff called to inform me that we were upgraded. we were supposed to stay in the santana room but because of the upgrade we stayed in the danube room. It was a beautiful room with a small balcony overlooking the square with a view of the sea, the bed is rather low though so it might not be the best for some people, the bath though lovely is not very practical when you just want a quick shower. The breakfasts served in bed every morning were beautiful and the staff were really helpful and friendly. the location is perfect too, its quiet but only a few mins walk along the beautiful seafront to the centre of brightons nightlife and shopping. absolutely wonderful, hope to return very soon.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Northampton
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Hotel Una for my birthday and could not rate our stay enough...
We stayed in room Usk, a beautiful room with a view of the sea and a gorgeous free standing bath. We had an amazing breakfast delivered to the room in the mornings and the staff were all fantastic.
For an extra special stay in Brighton, Hotel Una definately delivers!

We will definately be returning in the summer...

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Reall impressed with this little gem of a hotel. Gorgeous boutique style place in a super location just metres from the seafront. Great bar and super wines. Fantastic cooked breakfast. Molton brown toiletries and seriously comfy bed.

However... the thing that stood out most and really made it was the staff...really friendly and genuine they were helpful without exception....a real treat these days.

Wonderful place!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 26 May 2009

I booked the Jubba suite at the Hotel Una solely based on the reviews that I read here on Tripadvisor. I have to admit that I was a little nervous at first, as I usually stay at more well known properties (e.g. Four Seasons, Claridges, Mandarin Oriental, etc). However, I can say without a doubt that all the positive reviews really hit the nail on the head. I had a totally awesome five day stay at the Una. My room was very clean, well put together, up to date, and very comfortable. The included breakfast was always freshly prepared and the coffee was very good.

But I will say that the staff at the hotel are definitely its crown jewel. They are super friendly, will go out of their way to make sure you are happy, and will make every effort to ensure you are completely welcome. I do want to give a special shout out to Coco who runs the bar (besides doing many other jobs). He is a total rock star and I had a blast hanging out at the bar with him and the other folks at the hotel. (Coco, if you read this, I'm totally jamming on Reason, and I got myself a bottle of the rum you recommended, plus tell Emma(sp?) that I'm still thinking of posting the video to YouTube)

Bottom line: If you are planning on staying in Brighton, especially for a romantic getaway, then look no further than the Hotel Una.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Derbyshire, England
Reviewed 13 May 2009

Hotel Una lived up to its expectations, the staff were really helpful - nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was perfectly cooked, and the fruit salad was a work of art.
The bed was comfy too.

15 minutes walk to the station, and we were fairly close to everything else in Brighton. If you wanted to take a bus, these went at the top of the street too.

Niggles about the room were the shower in the bedroom, which took away a lot of valuable space, and a shelf above the bed which meant that you couldn't sit up in bed and read.

Eco worries - great to see Led lights, but stand-bys on 2 tvs in the room more than took away any gains, and the towels were changed daily when there is really no need...

Would stay again if in brighton again.

Cotswolds, UK
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Recently returned from a weekend in Brighton with my wife. We stayed at the Una in the Gaula room. I can only mirror what most other reviewers have said with regard to the standard of service, it really is excellent and the hotel should be very proud of the quality of the employees. My only small gripe would be the quality of the bathroom in the Gaula room, it is a little tired and in need of some attention. Other than that I thought that the hotel was first class and would definately recommend it to friends and would stay there again if we return to Brighton.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple