“Lovely, cosy hotel, very friendly staff.”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We stayed in the Aragon room which has sauna and whirlpool bath which was fantastic. The room was really modern and had a great comfy enormous leather bed. We also had a TV and DVD player, DVD's are available to borrow at reception which is great as when we stayed here we had alot of snow. The room had two toilets which was a bonus, the only thing I could probably pick up on was the grouting around the whirlpool bath area was quite grubby, and the shower in the shower room look like it had seen better days around the tray. The positives far outway the negatives though. The room was quiet, relaxing, very cosy and comfortable. Dressing gowns are supplied and slippers, although the ladies slippers had had it and I think I would have had an accident if I had worn them! All our Molton Brown smellies were replaced after the first day and all the candles around the bath replaced. Breakfast was great, staff absolutely wonderful, which makes an enormous difference. The location is pretty good and everywhere we wanted to go, the Lanes, Pier, Royal Pavillion we found easy to get to on foot. I do feel the £250.00 a night may be a little high, but it was a special occassion and i don't think it would put me off in the future. I would definately return here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 December 2010

Stayed for one night in the Santana room ( a pleasant surprise to be upgraded). The room was lovely and toasty, bed was super comfy, great shower in the bedroom & 2 t.vs were a nice addition. The hotel is well positioned and great to have the Regency car park close by. Cost for parking for a day & 1/2 was £17. Cocktails were great and the bar area is a great place to start or end your evening. Breakfast was very good with a nice selection of cereals, fruit, juices and cooked selections. All the staff were incredibly friendly, warm and welcoming. Attention to detail is fantastic and we look forward to visiting again, hopefully soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at hotel Una, and had a fantastic, relaxing stay.
The staff go above and beyond any customer service I have ever encountered, James 1 was especially friendly and chatty!
Breakfast, Room Service and Bar drinks/ cocktails all perfect!
Our room - Gaula - was lovely; and although- as mentioned in previous review- the windows do need a bit of attention and updating- this did not in any way take away from the overall experience. The room and bathroom were both scrupulously clean, sheets were of excellent quality (most definately not from Primark, otherwise I would have stopped off on the way home to stock up!) and bed very comfy.
Thank you for a lovely stay hotel Una, I hope to be back again one day...

Reviewed 23 November 2010

We stayed for 4 nights in the Neris room. A decent sized room, and a cot was provided for our baby. The bathroom is very good, decent shower and bath, and they provide Molton Brown for your use.

The room has a large plasma TV with DVD player and digibox, there are also tea/coffee making facilities. More normal tea bags and milk could be provided though.

There were a couple of niggles in the bathroom. The plug in the bath had snapped off the chain and didn't really fit the plughole. The sink plug waste pop-up also didn't work, so you had to pick the plug out of fhe plughole. These were only minor issues though.

The walls seem to be thin, so you can hear TVs and whatever, but generally it goes quiet by midnight.

By far the best part was the service from all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The bar is a lovely place to relax (and our baby monitor was still in range!) and breakfast is delicious, I've put on weight for sure. On our last morning they had ran out of bananas and my 6 month old baby was getting quite used to his banana breakfast. Without a question the staff popped out to the shop to get more. Now that's the kind of little thing that really makes your stay.

Overall a very lovely stay and I would come back. Perhaps not #1 in Brighton but certainly top 3 and you'll struggle to find better staff.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

I booked the Eden room as a surprise for my partner's birthday. Even before I arrived the staff made me feel as though nothing was too much trouble. I requested a fridge (which the room does not normally have) and was told they would place one in my room, which they did. Some hotels might make you feel uncomfortable for making requests such as this but I really did get the impression that the staff would happily do anything to enhance your stay. They even provided linen napkins, plates and cutlery to enable me to host my very own 'carpet picnic' in the room.

The room itself was beautiful, asolutely huge with a balcony overlooking the old pier. A massive bath and large comfortable bed.

The bath and WC were functional. We had fluffy white bath robes and sufficient towels for our stay. They provided lovely Molton Brown minitures. We could have done with a couple more - we ran out - but there is a notice saying they'll bring more upon request, we just didn't want to cause a fuss!

There's a lovely cocktail bar downstairs - plus a very friendly and attentive cocktail waiter who's quite talented when it comes to mixing drinks. The Old Fashioned he made us was the best one I've had in a very long time.

Breakfast was taken in our room, at no extra charge, which was pure heaven. Eggs benedict with salmon was very tasty, with generous portions of smoked salmon. Also came with freshly squezed OJ and tea/coffee. We didn't get fresh mugs though - we had to use the ones that we'd used the day before,which might have just been an oversight.

Overall, a very lovely experience. There was only a few niggles - not having enough regular tea bags (but randomly enough fruit tea bags to fill a sink!) and no hairdryer, which in a hotel at this end of luxury, I would expect as standard. There was also no way of attaching an MP3 player to the stereo - making the music system slightly redundant. If you have a lead that attached one to a stereo, bring it with you!

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel by default as Hotel Du Vin had messed up my booking, they then put me in this hotel. I was apprehensive as it isn't a chain and I was unfamiliar but what a pleasant surprise.

Firstly, I would say it's really more of a cool upmarket B&B than proper hotel, but no matter I had a great stay.

The staff are really friendly and laid back. They talk to you and not at you. They remember your name and give you that extra bit of recognition lacking in so many other hotels. They also personally show you to your room to ensure you are happy with it and offer to bring up a drink from the bar (at a charge of course).

My room was the Jabba suite and it was really like a small apartment but in a good way. Nicely decorated with a modern design. The bed was immaculate and very clean, big heavy duvet in crisp white sheets etc. I travel a lot and have to say that I had the best nights sleep in a long time.

Outside the bedroom, there was a corner suite and large flatscreen to relax and watch tv with in the lounge area but also an additional tv in the bedroom.

The room also benefited from having a bathroom but also a powerful shower ensuite in the bedroom with Moulton Brown tolietries.

Elsewhere in the hotel, there is a small bar which was again nicely decorated and very cosy with ambient lighting.

I didn't have time for breakfast, but it looked great and of a high standard.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Brighton and I will most certainly stay again, Hotel Du Vin have lost a customer!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I'm a fair person and have left plenty of positive reviews on tripadvisor. I don't want to sound negative and am always sceptical when I read a bad review in an otherwise recommended hotel, but I have to say that I was suprised at how good the reviews are for this place as the experience didn't live up to the expectations.

The staff were brilliant - always friendly, willing to help, good local recommendations, and could not fault them. However, the room was a suprise. We stayed in Gauna. Comfy bed and nice and big, inital decor creates 'wow' factor when you walk in, but actual attention to detail was not there and decor / maintanence and cleanliness needs better management. The bathroom had mouldy window sills and grout in the shower was mouldy, there was a build up of scum and mildew in the corners of the bath, and the glass shower screen was superglued onto the bath and had a build up of slimy stuff as a result (photos attached). Plug didn't fit bath so water drained out (this was reported to reception who replaced plug for an equally bad fitting over sized plug that would not stay in when the tap was turned on). Smears of other peoples make up on the white walls and someone's hair in the sink on arrival. Batteries in all the remotes were dead (and were not replaced even though left out for room service), freeview box cheap and kept freezing, bed sheets were from Primarks - not the egyptian cotton promised. Spent all night every night listening to someone thumping around upstairs and so didn't sleep.

Breakfast was lovely - freshly cooked, nice choice. Shame that a latte / hot chocolate costs another £1.50. If I had paid £100 a night to stay here I would be leaving a good review, but the room was £175 a night, which for me is a lot of money and I think it was too much for the slightly shabby room! When I spend that much on a hotel room I expect things like those above to not happen, and think that Hotel Una either need to re-price to reflect quality of rooms or get the handyman in to give the place a good spruce up!

1  Thank AlexOLondon