“hotel una delivers again!”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
east yorks
“hotel una delivers again!”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I have lost count of the number of times we have stayed at Una - our previous stay had been in March 2010. So when we booked to stay for 3 days over the New Year period, we did wonder whether we would still find the excellent standards we have come to expect. We needn't have worried at all - our stay was brilliant from start to finish! We checked in after a long journey from Yorkshire and were made to feel at home straight away - I sat in the bar with a G & T while my partner checked in to our room (Belize). All the staff are so friendly and take time with every guest, whether it's at reception, at breakfast or in the bar. We try to stay in a different Una room each time and as it was New Year we decided to splurge out and stay in Belize - not the cheapest of rooms - but we were delighted with it. We were torn between venturing out to sample the delights of Brighton itself and staying cocooned in the room. In the end, we spent most of each day in our room, chilling out, enjoying the sauna and whirlpool bath, not to mention the TV - the perfect way to spend New Year.
Well done and thank you to everyone who makes the Una such a unique experience! We look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I booked this hotel to be honest because it was no 1 on trip advisor and the website photos were lovely. When we turned up I was pleased with the good location to city centre, parking annoying but Brighton is well known for bad parking so not the hotels fault.

The greeting was great, very friendly. I will be honest and say I was disappointed with the room (Santana), because it looked spacious on the website but it was a small room. There is also no where to put clothed away, very little wardrobe space. Pretty room but there should be less clutter and more useful storage.

The room service was brilliant, quick and efficient and great cocktails.

Breakfast was also lovely, couldn't fault it and relaxed atmosphere.

It was a nice hotel but at £235 a night for the room we had you would expect it to be amazing and it wasn't. It was a nice, clean and friendly hotel but not anything special. I was also a bit peeved as when we left I accidently left my watch and the hotel said they would send it to me but charged me the postage which was only £6 but considering I ended up spending over £500 for 2 nights after including cocktails I would have maybe expected not to be charged for sending my watch on. It would have been a really nice touch not to have been charged, rather stingy of Hotel Una I think.

I nice hotel but not what I expected for the money.

1 Thank Caro1982186363
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My wife and I were fortunate enough to stay at Hotel Una as part of an anniversary present from our children. We were in Brighton to see the amazing stage production of Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds, and the hotel was perfectly situated near to the Brighton Centre venue. We stayed in the Danube suite, and from the start it became obvious that this is one classy hotel with plenty of thought having been put in to the decor and layout. We even sampled the delights of one of Jamie Oliver's new Italian restaurants, again nearby, on the recommendation from the very helpful and courteous staff. Breakfast was to die for, and the whole experience only left us wanting more of what this special hotel has to offer. We couldn't recommend it highly enough, and can't wait for a chance to come and visit again.

London
Reviewed 27 December 2010

If I were ever to open a hotel it would be something like Hotel Una. Friendly, helpful and polite staff, excellent decor with character, a great and cosy little bar with expansive cocktail menu and friendly barman and all this before talking about the rooms. We had the (seemingly regular) 'free upgrade' to Santana which was spacious, clean, warm and a great place to be. Incredibly comfortable bed, 2 TVs, huge sofa, 2 showers etc etc. Breakfast served to the room in the morning at no extra cost was a nice touch. HIghly recommended to any couples or any types of traveller really. You will have to pay £12.50 to park in the underground Regents Square car park for 6-24 hours so factor that in as well.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2010

My wife and I stayed in the Aragon Room (suite) for two nights, Sunday and Monday, we managed to get a discount. The pictures don't reflect what the Aragon has to offer, what is not shown is the sauna and Jacuzzi which appeared to be hewn from the old cellar area and the atmosphere was very private and intimate. The Aragon is definitely for romantics. The staff members were great, relaxed and laid back but attentive when required, which reflected the general feel of the hotel. The hotel is very stylized i.e. boutique which we found great fun and made the hotel a good place to be. Breakfast was good and we have had very enjoyable experience. A couple of niggling problems, a dripping shower, which was dealt promptly with and a small toilet/shower room. This concerns were addressed by paying part of our bar bill, a very nice gesture.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I booked hotel una for a surprise early Xmas present for my partner and chose the room "orinoco" we arrived early for check in and thought we try and check in early. We were greeted by a wonderful host who couldn't do enough for us. We were then offered an upgrade to a larger room "Danube" and after being taken up in a rather quirky lift (again a fantastic touch) to be shown both rooms just in case we wanted the original ......all I can say is wow to both rooms although we did opt for the upgrade ;0) Danube was finished beautifully the bed was so comfortable the large bath was fantastic and views of the sea were good. The whole experience was really good including the breakfast we chose to have room service again brilliant .......... A couple of silly things that's could be fixed in the room (the kettle didn't work...the remote for the tv needs new batteries) but its a hotel we will definatley return to and would recommend for a treat.......

• Stayed December 2010
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Planned to stay for 5 nights that turned into 6 when we were snowed in. The staff are a real plus point - always helpful, always happy and hit the right balance of being attentive without intruding. We were involved unexpectedly in a business deal whilst there and the staff were excellent at handling multiple documents for us. Love the decor and style of the place together with a relaxed atomosphere. Would reccomend without hesitation. Only slight negative is they must use the same room photographer as My Hotel Brighton as the pictures make them appear larger than reality. That said the suite we had was fine.
Will definately stay there again. Also reccomend Regency Secure parking nearby if you bring a car. Good value by Brighton standars and nice people.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple