“Very enjoyable stay in a fantastic hotel”
Review of Hotel Una

Hotel Una
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We had a great New Years break in Brighton and opted to stay in Hotel Una after trawling trip advisor. The excellent reviews were going to be a lot to live up to but we weren't disappointed. The Hotel itself is very stylish and everything from breakfast to shower gel (not to mention the fantastic cocktails) was of great quality. The real highlight however was the fantastic staff at Hotel Una. From the moment we made our reservation, nothing was too much trouble to help us enjoy our stay We'll definately be going back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Una

Reviewed 24 January 2011

There isnt really alot that i can write about Hotel Una apart from AMAZING.......
The Hotel is ideally placed for the beach and the shops and has plenty of car parking opposite the Hotel. The staff are some of the most helpful I have ever come across and the breakfast was delicious.
If there is one negative I could say about the hotel it would be the decoration around the bath area in our room as it was peeling and cracked and when paying £275 a night everything should be tiptop.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2011

In the words of Tina Turner this hotel is "simply the best".... If you want a romantic place to stay in Brighton you CANNOT go wrong with Hotel Una!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2011

We always like to get away for New Year. This year we picked Brighton as we knew it was a buzzing place to be. We searched the trusted Trip Advisor as always, and after having looked at a few national chain hotels, we came across Hotel Una. We had never seen so many excellent reviews, this had to be something special. So we looked at the website, were so impressed with the look of the rooms, that we made the call and booked. We asked about local restaurants and within minutes, an email had been received listing recommended places to eat.
Upon arrival we received such a warm welcome. We were shown the room we booked first, but then offered a complimentary upgrade to the Orinoco room which we were so pleased with. It oozed luxury, quality and style. Simply perfect.
There are so many things that I could speak highly of - the wonderful cocktail bar, the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel before (delivered to your room at no extra cost), the Molton Brown toiletries.....etc... But the most impressive and memorable thing were the staff. Throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble, they were always wanting to help, to give advice and guidance on where to go, booking restaurants/taxis, even choices of DVDs to watch in our room. Everyone showed a real sense of pride in being part of the Hotel Una and also of their employer. They spoke so highly of how they are treated as employees, and also how they like to treat customers. There is no wonder that they have a high number of people coming back time and time again. You can definitely add us to the list! I did not want to leave.....I wanted to move in permanently! Thank you so much Paul, Emma, James, Koko and Antonio for looking after us so well and for making this our best New Year break ever.
Karen

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Hotel in a great spot in a beautiful building. The seafront is pretty much on the doorstep. The welcome and ongoing service is very friendly. My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed our massages, plus the breakfast which we had in our room. We stayed in the Usk room which had a fab free standing bath, comfy bed, leather sofas and 2 large flat screen televisions. My only complaints are that the WC is v cramped - it's a good job we are both slim, and for the high cost it would be nice to have a fridge in the room.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I have lost count of the number of times we have stayed at Una - our previous stay had been in March 2010. So when we booked to stay for 3 days over the New Year period, we did wonder whether we would still find the excellent standards we have come to expect. We needn't have worried at all - our stay was brilliant from start to finish! We checked in after a long journey from Yorkshire and were made to feel at home straight away - I sat in the bar with a G & T while my partner checked in to our room (Belize). All the staff are so friendly and take time with every guest, whether it's at reception, at breakfast or in the bar. We try to stay in a different Una room each time and as it was New Year we decided to splurge out and stay in Belize - not the cheapest of rooms - but we were delighted with it. We were torn between venturing out to sample the delights of Brighton itself and staying cocooned in the room. In the end, we spent most of each day in our room, chilling out, enjoying the sauna and whirlpool bath, not to mention the TV - the perfect way to spend New Year.
Well done and thank you to everyone who makes the Una such a unique experience! We look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I booked this hotel to be honest because it was no 1 on trip advisor and the website photos were lovely. When we turned up I was pleased with the good location to city centre, parking annoying but Brighton is well known for bad parking so not the hotels fault.

The greeting was great, very friendly. I will be honest and say I was disappointed with the room (Santana), because it looked spacious on the website but it was a small room. There is also no where to put clothed away, very little wardrobe space. Pretty room but there should be less clutter and more useful storage.

The room service was brilliant, quick and efficient and great cocktails.

Breakfast was also lovely, couldn't fault it and relaxed atmosphere.

It was a nice hotel but at £235 a night for the room we had you would expect it to be amazing and it wasn't. It was a nice, clean and friendly hotel but not anything special. I was also a bit peeved as when we left I accidently left my watch and the hotel said they would send it to me but charged me the postage which was only £6 but considering I ended up spending over £500 for 2 nights after including cocktails I would have maybe expected not to be charged for sending my watch on. It would have been a really nice touch not to have been charged, rather stingy of Hotel Una I think.

I nice hotel but not what I expected for the money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple