“Fantastic, fresh and full of flavour!”

Curry Leaf Cafe – Brighton Lanes
Ranked #37 of 1,186 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Curry Leaf Cafe serves up award-winning South Indian street food, expertly spiced curries and a wide range of international craft beers from a relaxed, colourful dining space in the heart of Brighton's bustling Lanes. Its range of quick and healthy lunches include soups, warm salads, dosas and open tandoor naan wraps, as well as traditional thali platters. The dinner menu, meanwhile, focuses on crisp, fresh-tasting street food and fragrant curries, rounded off with a selection of refreshing Indian desserts and infused ice creams. The ingredients used are seasonal and locally sourced where possible, and around half the menu is vegetarian. A wide selection of vegan, gluten- and dairy-free dishes is also offered, along with home delivery seven days a week via our partner Deliveroo. Curry Leaf Cafe was named a 'Local Gem' in the 2016, 2017 & 2018 editions of the Waitrose Good Food Guide and won 'Best Newcomer, South Coast' at the 2015 Asian Curry Awards.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant for lunch when we arrived in Brighton.

The ambience, staff and the service were excellent.

The food was absolutely amazing. The flavours and the overall freshness surprised me they were so good. You can taste every ingredient and spice in each dish. The pickles and poppadoms are a cut above your normal Indian and offer a great insight into the rest of the menu.

I went for the open naan tandoori wrap which was so nice and a perfect portion for lunch. My girlfriend had the fish and chips which were amazing with subtle spicing and high quality ingredients.

My only negative was the pudding but that's more of a personal thing. No reflection on the venue.

Really pleased we chose curry leaf cafe as our first meal on holiday.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Jusy had lunch here - great Indian Street food, friendly service, interesting menu - definitely going back!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

After having been recommended this restaurant by the B&B my boyfriend and I were staying at, we went along to try it out and I'm so glad we did because we had a wonderful evening!
The atmosphere is lovely - quite intimate - and the staff were all very friendly and welcoming. The presentation of the food was great, but the taste was even better! Although I had a bit of food envy when I tasted my boyfriend's veggie option which was delicious! Definitely one of the best curries I've had.
It was one of the highlights of our holiday so many thanks to everyone at the Curry Leaf.
Looking forward to coming back in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stunning food. Service was impeccable, Christopher especially was so warm and welcoming. Lovely decor and clean restaurant.

The tandoori lamb chop starter was beautifully tender. The spiced chickpea starter was so tasty. The main courses were interesting and great portions. And the Dark & Stormy cocktail was dangerously perfect.

Thanks guys, see you very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I found this place through my housemate who used to work here. I first went with him and his parents and had a wonderful meal. Every dish was perfectly cooked and the service was incredibly friendly, so much so that I went for dinner again with a friend this evening 11/08/14. The lamb was beautifully tender and the portion sizes are exactly right for a hearty yet enjoyable meal. Cannot recommend enough.