“Excellent !!!”

Ranked #10 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is the second time my partner and I have stayed at No 14 and we would not stay anywhere else in Brighton, Terry and Chris make you feel very welcome its just like home from home rooms are very clean and have everything you would want, breakfasts are wonderful best full english ever did,nt need to eat again the rest of the day. Will surely be making it a 3rd visit.
Carol and Jim COVENTRY.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carol186403

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My partner and I stay in Brighton regularly, this is the best place we have ever stayed and we will return there every time in future. Terry and Chris made us feel like it's home from home. The furnishings are high quality, there is everything you need there, even irons and ironing boards. My veggie breakfast and my partner's full English were both delicious and plentiful and lots of cereals, juices, teas, yogurts to enjoy too. My partner had a cold and couldn't get up for one of the breakfasts, they even sent him up toast and a bacon sandwich. Parking was the easiest and cheapest we have encountered too, parking is usually our biggest headache in Brighton. The Guesthouse is well placed too, we could walk everywhere such as town, the Lanes and the seafront from there. And finally, it is spotlessly clean and for me that is all important too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol W
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here in February and loved it - very comfortable and spacious room, and the breakfast was just fab. Probably won't be going to Brighton again, but if we did, this is where we would stay!

Room Tip: If you don't mind stairs, then the room right at the top is a goodie (room 6 I think).
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We travelled down on motorbike and parking is just along the road from this lovely guesthouse. Chris & Terry made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. The house and our room were clean and well appointed. Great breakfasts too! The guesthouse is within 5 minutes walk from the centre of town and 2 minutes from the beach. We were down for a concert and spent two nights with Chris & Terry. Friendly, cozy and a home from home. Will definitely be back.
Andy & Christina x

Room Tip: There's only six, take pot luck!
1 Thank Andy F
Guildford
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I have just spent the weekend in Brighton, and we stayed at Number 14 for 2 nights. Without wanting to repeat what everyone else has written, we really enjoyed our stay in large part thanks to the very warm welcome, the spotlessly clean rooms, the super comfortable and enormous bed, and the delicious breakfasts. I really couldn't fault it. We felt so at home, the owners are just delightful, and make perfect hosts. We will definitely stay there again when we get the chance.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Myself and my partner stayed here on the 2nd and 3rd March for my partner's birthday. I had never stayed in a B&B before so was a bit apprehensive. I didn't need to be! As most of the other reviews say, Terry and Chris are a credit to the place. We were welcomed by name which was really nice. There were 2 rooms available when we arrived so we were able to choose which one we wanted. The room was lovely, very clean and a good size.
Breakfast was amazing...we were given the option to have as much or as little as we wanted, but we went for the full English which filled us up until evening.
Before we went out we were given as much information as we needed, and knew that if we needed anything else we could ask Terry and Chris. I thought that I would feel awkward staying in someone else's home, but it couldn't have been the opposite. It was warm, friendly and laidback.
I would definitely recommend this B&B, and when I come back to Brighton I'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Room 4 had a super kingsize bed which was lovely. Bathroom was small (and sparkly clean!) but it was...
Wotton-under-Edge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Thank you Terry and Chris for doing everything you could to make our stay with your enjoyable and comfortable. You are both excellent hosts and you have a wonderful B & B that is spotless and well equipped. Our room was perfectly appointed - we had everything we needed and you were generous in providing extras such as drinks from the fridge downstairs. My only little moan is that we couldn't have the super king bed that we had been promised...but you did apologise and try to find an alternative...
I have stayed at many B & B's but never been on first name terms with the proprietors (or been waved off!). Your welcome was warm without being overbearing and my 14 year old was singing your praises - a rare thing for a teenager! We often visit Brighton and I'm sure we will be back to stay with you because quite honestly I can't think of anywhere I would rather stay in Brighton! See you soon......

Room Tip: Choose the super king bed on the first floor....not too many stairs...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family