“Very Impressed”

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I really enjoyed my two night stay at Jury's Inn, Brighton. Staff were excellent, very polite and attentive. The room was lovely, so clean and felt very homely. The room was warm, soft carpet, bed was so comfortable and they have just upgraded the televisions to quality Samsung flat screen LCD's with Freeview. The breakfast in the morning was out of this world, and you could eat as much as you liked on a 'help yourself basis'. The hotel is is located perfectly nexed to Brighton station. That said is was so quiet, you would never believed you were next to a main road and one of the busiest stations in the South! I would highly reccomend anyone to stay here if visitig Brighton...We will deffinately be back!

Room Tip: I was in a standard double room and I believe whichever room you are given will be very good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pp7822

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect of a hotel named "Jurys Inn." I was expecting a Bed & Breakfast, so it was to my surprise when the taxi pulled-up in front of a tall, well-appointed building with a glossy reception.

The major selling point of this hotel for me is the location. It faces the train station, which was ideal for me as I had to take the train twice during my stay in Brighton. If you walk through the hotel, you arrive almost in the heart of the downtown area (West Street). There are streets of shops and restaurants all within a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

The breakfast is a buffet and the selection is quite varied. I didn't eat lunch in the hotel, but dinner is available. You can place your order and eat in the bar area or take it up to your room. I didn't like that there was no room service. To eat, you either need to have your meal downstairs or, if you preferred to eat in your room, then you still need to go and order it at the bar and then take it up with you or have it brought up to you. Since I was here on the two occasions I had dinner in the hotel, I figured that I might as well wait for it.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The furnishing looked new and clean. The bed was certainly very roomy.

The lighting in my room was rather dull for my taste. It's great when I wanted dim lighting for a cosy feel, but when I needed more light, I didn't have the option of increasing it.

My bathroom was built for equal access for the fully-abled and less-abled guests. I don't know if all the bathrooms were like this or if I just happened to be assigned to that room. I applaud the fact that Jurys Inn takes the comfort of all its guests very seriously. For me, though, it meant that water from the shower tended to spill beyond the boundaries of the shower area, because there was no border demarcating the shower from the rest of the bathroom floor. This is a small price to pay however for the comfort of all guests.

In all, I think this a good place to stay. I can't compare it to any other hotel in Brighton, but by itself it has a lot of pluses, which made it a convenient and comfortable hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night on a business trip. It is right next to the station, very handy as I arrived late at night. Clearly not so good if you want a view over the sea, but good for what I needed. Room was clean, quiet, comfortable. I got a good night's sleep. Breakfast was included in the rate, all self service, food was good for a standard hotel breakfast, not sure I would have paid extra for it

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ally_pally
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed here for a stag party in twin rooms . One double ,one single .great price ,clean,good friendly staff , nice bar (a bit pricy ) .
Lots of hen and stag party's as well as family's and couples . Very quite in hall ways considering the stags and hens but I didn't hear no shouting .
Car park is right across the road £11 till 4am then before you leave phone the number and top it up . Post code for hotel on there web site is wrong but if you just put in Brighton station then follow signs for car park and you'll get there .
You have about an hour to pay for your parking by phone (quick and easy) the number is all around the car park .
I would return to the hotel as its very nice and situated close to all amenity's .
I didn't eat there so can't tell you what the foods like .
Stayed the 4/3/12 . Hope this helps ....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ANDEB
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We booked into a large twin room (449.) It was large, clean and well decorated. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom and shower were clean.

The hotel is modern and well decorated. The breakfast was buffet style, but on the whole good. The only gripe was the shower curtain was stained, and there were no biscuits with the complimentary tea and coffee. When I phoned reception, a brusque woman said that they were not included in standard rooms. How mean is that? Even the cheapest b and b's include biscuits! (We paid £100 for the night.) What a bunch of old meanees!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sara l
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Well situated. Just 5 minutes from the lively North Laine area with it's funky shops, bars and restaurants. Fab breakfast - buffet style with fresh ingredients from fresh fruit to an indulgent cooked English. Comfortable bar area. Room quiet and spacious - slept better than in my own bed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Hotel is in great location, 1 minute walk from Brighton train station. Very friendly welcoming staff. Room was very clean and comfortable. Had great nights sleep. Ice machines on every floor - its these little touches which add to a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family