Jurys Inn Brighton
US$137
US$123
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$111
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,572 results
All reviewstrain stationcar parkmodern hotelconvenient locationbusiness tripgood sizebuffet breakfastfamily roomwould stay againreception stafftown centresea frontgood nights sleepone night stayseafrontlaines
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I booked a superior room, which allowed early check in, i arrived around 1pm, however there seemed to be some confusion as to weather the room was ready or not, after a few phone calls to housekeeping i was given a room key, when I entered the room, I really couldn't work out what was superior about it, maybe the price ?? On top of that the room had a double bed and a single bed in it... Where I come from this is what is normally known as a family room. So I went downstairs said I wasn't happy, and was given another room this time with a very large double bed, much better, I want to also add the girl in reception was very helpful, infact all the staff there were ! the room i was given was nice, I mean I still couldn't work out what was superior about it, as I paid 113 quid with no breakfast but hey, I didn't see the other rooms so to be fair, I can't compare. in any case the room was good, clean and comfortable...and actually very quiet too...so I can't really ask for more. I didn't have breakfast there so I can't comment...but I did have a BLT sandwich at the bar, they call it a triple decker...and it was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten... The bacon was dry and tasted rancid, some of the contents i couldnt even work out, not to mention the outside of the toasted bread even had a slight taste of lamb, so I don't know if they are using the grill to toast the bread or what, but, Yuk !!! I didn't eat it ofcourse, but i didnt complain either, couldnt be bothered...the accompanying Pint hit the spot rather well though ! Opposite there is a car park which charges 12 pounds as a daily rate, so not too bad, considering Brighton is one big rip off as far as parking is concerned. if you come by train even better as the hotel is just behind the station, and no more than a 10 minute walk to the seafront, on the way back maybe 15, as it is uphill !! Overall worth staying at.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed here a few years back and was kept up all night by what must be the noisiest room door closers I have ever heard. The problem is with the actual closers themselves (on all of the doors) - they slowly close the room doors until the last 6 inches then they slam the doors shut!
I complained to the hotel about this at the time, and was told they were looking into it
- So years and another stay I find nothing has been done to fix this problem!!!
If you stay here at a weekend you will know exactly what I mean - complain, who knows they may actually change the door closers in the next decade.
No other hotel I have ever stayed in has had such a noisy door as the Jurys Inn. A real let down for the hotel.

Room Tip: Asked to be located at the end of a corridor where no other guests are located to minimise being woken up by other guests doors!
Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear P N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay. We adjust all our door closers on a regular basis however as we are one of the few hotels in Brighton with fully functioning windows, when the window is open the vacuum in the room is reduced and results in the door shutting slightly faster. We have made further adjustments in light of your comments.
Kind regards
Damien Doyle

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed here whilst attending a nearby conference. Located right next to the station but a 15 minute walk to the sea front.
The hotel was relatively new, clean and very smart. The bedroom was fresh and well furnished. The staff were efficient and friendly, even giving me a free WiFi code - perhaps I smiled nicely on check-in.
Food was fine and overall nothing to fault at this price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed at this hotel twice in December whilst on business in Brighton.
After long days working you want to come back to a hotel where things are easy- this place is anything but.
Firstly their is the tiedious and protracted way you have to pay for car parking on arrival. And god help you if you fail to pay the 1hr charge on arrival- you will be charged a £90 fine by the car park company (or so they say- I have still not received a fine). However once paid the 1 hr charge, you then have to find the booth (hidden from view) and pay best part of £15 quid for overnight parking.
Arrive late and the bar/restuarant is almost impossible to get any service.
I ordered pizza for myself and 15 fellow staff- this was the hotels recomendation when we arrived after a 15hr day!!
Eating in the restaurant is not reccomended even when it is open- mass produced/microwave/boil in bag type fayre.
Breakfast is the usual self service/greasy buffet affair- they dont even put cutlery on the tables.
Had a good nights sleep in a clean room/Free WIFI are about the only positive I can take away from my stays. I need more from a hotel when away on businesss.
As a business traveller I would avoid this hotel at all costs.
I now stay at Seattle Hotel on the seafront- a totally relaxing/fresh- customer comes first boutique feel venue at the marina.

Room Tip: Stay in a better hotel- there are lots in Brighton
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Matthew N

Dear Mathew N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was disappointed to read your negative comments. Whilst I can appreciate your frustrations in regards to the local car parking arrangements/ payments system, this is outside of our control as it is not part of the Hotels property. I have been informed that the car park will be moving back to a standard pay on departure system as opposed to the ANPR system currently in place.
In regards to your dining experience, I have no records of any dissatisfaction or negative comments in this regards. The quality of our breakfast has also been well noted in previous reviews.
If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me at damien_doyle@jurysinns.com.
Kind regards
Damien Doyle

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Had a 2 day conference here.

Positives
Conference room equipment
Hotel location
Food in restaurant

Negatives
Conference room was cold and staff did not seem able/willing to assist. Provided with a small heater for a v large room which was pointless
Basic hotel rooms
No parking at the hotel, so cost myself and colleagues 12GBP per day to park in the station car park opposite

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business