“Top Customer Service,Quality food and Pleasant Atmosphere”
Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Top Customer Service,Quality food and Pleasant Atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have not got a bad word to say about my stay in this hotel.It had everything as far as i was concerned. Location was key as we got off the train and the hotel was a 2 min walk for station.Additionally the hotel is a less than 5 min walk from the town and the staff were very pleasant when we asked for locations such as a nice place to eat. The food was top class, firstly the breakfast were delicious and covered a variety of options from cereal,fruits,croissants to a full fry. You could eat as much as you want aswel. Also I had the jury's inn signature burger twice during my stay and it was lovely and reasonably priced. The atmosphere in this hotel was very friendly,any queries or questions we had were answered politely and the staff were very helpful. Also I found the management to be very sociable and would stop for a quick chat about our stay which I found to be a nice touch. The rooms were excellant, very clean and spacious. Basically I had a very pleasant stay in this hotel and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The location of the Hotel is outstanding , just a 30min train journey from Gatwick Airport and is located beside Brighton Train station. On arrival the hotel was extremely clean and we were greeted at reception. The rooms had everything we needed. The Bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. The bar serves food til 10pm. I had the jurys inn Signature burger which was lovely and filling before going out. The breakfast provided great choice whether you wanted the fry which was outstanding or the lighter option of melon and fruit with yogurt . Any requests We made were dealt with efficiently and with a smile. If you are looking for a hotel centrally located , Clean and top class customer service , Jurys Inn Brighton is your hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Kent, England
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I have stayed here roughly once a month on a Saturday night for over a year now. We come back because the customer service is good and the rooms are quiet, clean, comfy and have A/C temp control. We choose the J.I over other hotels at the front that are more luxurious in decor and furnishing for a few simple reasons, we always sleep well, eat well at breakfast and never encounter any problems that are not quickly solved by their helpful staff. On a less positive note I have paid £184.00 to visit this coming weekend and I think that it very expensive for one night anywhere however the general cost of Brighton Hotels has increased across the board since last year so I understand that the management still think they offer a fair price. It would be nice for frequent and loyal customers such as ourselves to be able to get some sort of discount. It is true that you may encounter some hen/stag return late night noise but as hotel rooms go we think the sound proofing is better than most and you will have far, far less noise than if staying at the front. It is a 10 min walk if you know which way to go (ask) and very handy for the North Laines which we love. See you soon J.I Brighton :-)

Stayed April 2013
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Lou78
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoy staying with us and I of course value my regular customers. I would be more than happy to do something for you on your next visit. Can I ask that you contact me at the address below prior to your next visit?
damien_doyle@jurysinns.com
Reviewed 2 June 2013

A good sized room with a very comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities and nice bathroom. This pleasant atmosphere was shattered at 4 am by a Hen party. Having tried to ring reception twice I had to get dressed and go downstairs in person to complain. The issue was quickly resolved and the deputy manager apologised and also made a very good compensatory offer. Excellent customer service.As for the Hen parties, maybe they should rethink.

Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed as part of a hen party package. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We arrived 1.5 hours early for check in and rooms were all ready and we went straight up. Not enough towels provided but we requested more and these were swiftly provided for us. Breakfast was amazing! Loads to choose from and all good quality beautiful food. There were lots of other hen/stag parties staying the hotel but we still didn't find it excessively noisy - no more than any hotel u would stay in. Taxis arrived as requested booked by reception staff to take us into town. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would happily return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Shirley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We found the hotel very comfortable. It is nice that the family room we had had a double and a single bed, much nicer than having a sofa bed as the additional bed. The beds were very comfortable also. Ice machines are very handy. The hotel is situated behind the train station, I mistakenly thought it was on the way down to the seafront, therefore a little less convenient than expected. Less noisy though because of this. (We were there Tues to Thurs, some other reviews suggest noisy on weekends). I would like to say thanks to the Duty Manager / F&B Manager (Anna Jones?) for being so helpful when my little boy was poorly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Jacqandandrews1
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope little Peter is feeling better.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Brighton in the future
London
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over the May bank holiday, paid an amazing £20 for the room with a jurys inn special offer, which was incredible value. Hotel is sign posted from the train station and is a 3 minute walk. Its under 10 minutes to the lanes and 15-20 mins to the seafront. Its a terrific location. We were in room 120 on the 1st floor, its very clean and comfortable and has everything you need for an overnight stay. There is also drinking water and ice available in the corridors which is very handy! My only complaint in the room are the pillows are horrible, really uncomfortable, we tried the spare pillows but they're also awful. Room 120 is by the road so you can hear buses in the morning, however its not a busy road. No train noise at all. There are alot of hen and stag dos and they did wake us up coming in in the early hours of the night, walking down the street shouting, retrospectively we'd ask for a room on a higher floor. Good service, allowed to check in early at 1pm, & can store your luggage on check out. Didn't eat in the hotel, but can recommended langlees cafe which is 5 minutes down the road if you want good quality breakfast - full works with tea and toast for £6! Overall a very pleasant stay at the jurys inn Brighton, don't expect 4 star, this is a good value, clean & decent newish hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here if the price is right, & we'll be back in December on another bargain room deal! Thanks jurys inn!

• Stayed May 2013
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear sophiewalker79
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments in regards to our location have been mirrored by other reviewers. We have recently upgraded our pillow offering and im sorry this didn’t meet with your satisfaction. I’m sure I can do something on this when you return in December. If you would like me to book this for you, please feel free to contact me at the address below.
damien_doyle@jurysinns.com