“Nice staff, rooms a bit shabby”
Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Jurys Inns tend to be the same wherever you go, the one in Brighton is next to the station and provides easy access to the city centre and seafront. The staff here are exceptionally friendly and helpful as always.

A few things let this place down, the rooms are looking a bit tired, the scuffed up skirting boards, the smudge marks on walls and occasional stains on the carpeting. The place needs a refresh. I also don't understand why the plates at breakfast are so small, somewhere in between a dinner plate and a side plate. The breakfast itself wasn't great either, in particular the sausages were grim.

So a nice place looking a bit tired out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JasperJohnson
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Jasper Johnson
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read that you felt the Hotel bedrooms were not well maintained and the reflected rating. We service over 10,000 guests per month so there will naturally be some wear and tear so to speak. We maintain the Hotel exceptionally well as is evident from previous reviews. Our breakfast buffet is self service and its ingredients are of good quality. Our guests can choose to visit the buffet as many times as they wish making this great value. On a separate note, we are currently reviewing our overall product and we will invest in excess of £1M in the Hotel public areas and bedrooms in the near future. I do appreciate your comments in regards to our staff - they are truly a credit to our business.

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Brighton

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Easy check in.
Clean rooms.
Cheapest in area.

On arrival we were all pleasantly surprised, for the price we was not expecting such a lovely hotel.
Reception staff were friendly and check in was easy.
Car park by the hotel is quiet expensive.
Rooms were clean and a standard size.
Bar, slightly over priced but nothing to extreme. Standard hotel prices.

Over all lovely stay.

Stayed: November 2013
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Danielle-4689
Thank you for taking the time to write a short and sweet review. We are one of the best value full service Hotels in the city. We take great pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of the property and do our utmost to ensure all our guests leave happy.
I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Nice Hotel with a good bar area with reasonable food,restaurant a bit flat but a good location to stay for business or pleasure.
Close enough to the centre but out of it enough to sleep well,opposite the train station and a good buffet service breakfast.
Superior rooms have fast broadband,good power shower and large rooms.
All in all a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Car Parking opposite hotel and £18 per night,number plate recognition and payment required within th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MRBespokeUK

Dear hollywood007
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We cater well for both business and leisure travellers. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Staying 2 nights at this well appointed town centre hotel, the team here are welcoming and friendly and very efficient. The rooms and communal areas are clean bright and modern. The breakfast is good and there is plenty of choice. The bar opens late and parking is ample just across the road. All in all very good value for money I would be happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Helen B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We offer great quality accommodation and upkeep the Hotel to the very highest standard. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel is located right beside Brighton railway station. When you come off the train, turn left until you reach the road and you will see the hotel a short distance down the road in front of you.

The hotel is the cleanest I have stayed in the 14 countries I have visited and we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The location is fantastic! Very close to just about everything but an uphill 8 minute walk from the beach.

The room was very comfortable and we had a lovely view of Brighton and countryside. The room had no fridge or minibar. Staff at reception both on check in and check out were super efficient but lacked warmth towards travellers. There was a problem with the automatic doors the three days we stayed at this hotel and staff over the three days appeared disinterested in the problem.

There is a bar and restaurant beside reception and both were full of travellers each night of our stay. My 29 year old daughter asked at reception about the password for free Wi-Fi, but although I was sure free Wi-Fi in public areas was advertised on the Jurys Inn website, reception staff advised that my daughter would have to pay to access the internet. We didn't access the internet while at Jurys Inn.

The bedroom was excellent, with one queen bed and one single bed. Both my daughter and I found the beds to be extremely comfortable and our room on the 4th floor towards the back of the hotel was super quiet. We were surprised to find our towels changed every day, as this is a 'green' hotel and we would have been very happy to keep our towels for the 3 nights we were there.

The cleaner responsible for our room was absolutely fantastic. As a person, she was very helpful and friendly when we spoke to her and the way she cleaned our room and bathroom was incredible. She is a real asset to this hotel. As I have noted in the title of my review, this is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere of the 14 countries I have visited.

We used the bar a couple of times and found the service very slow, but perhaps the young person behind the bar was new and wanted to do everything properly.

On our last night at the hotel, we had an excellent dinner in the restaurant. Servings were generous and although we had a voucher for a discount on dessert, we didn't use it as our main meal was very satisfying. The staff were very friendly and their service was excellent.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ditas56
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Ditas56
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We did have some intermittent issues with the speed the front doors opened at but this has now been resolved. Unfortunately this took three service visits to rectify. I will attempt to identify the housekeeper who serviced your room. He/she clearly made a good impression and will be commended. I do apologise if the speed of service in the bar did not meet your expectations – the team really do try and deliver professional service at all times. We are changing our policy very soon in regards to our Wi-Fi offering and I envisage this will be complimentary in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Jurys Inn in Brighton on 3 or 4 occasions and it would always be our first choice whenever we return.
I cannot fault the hotel.
The room was great - plenty of space, clean and tidy and you could just see the sea. The bed was very comfortable and although we overlooked the railway station it was quiet throughout our stay.
The staff were welcoming, courteous and helpful.
The breakfast was superb - everything was just right - a really good cooked breakfast and warm plates ( which many hotels do not achieve).
I would not hesitate in recommending the hotel and look forward to our next stay with you when next in Brighton.
Many thanks

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room preferably on a high er floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear david y
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us again. It’s the small thing like ensuring the plates are warm and our accommodating staff that do make the difference. I hope you choose to book with us in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We travelled to Brighton for a show at the Brighton Centre. This hotel was a 10-15 minute walk to the Centre which was very convenient. The hotel reception staff and bar staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we would stay here again. We ate dinner from the bar menu and cannot recommend enough the hotel's signature burger. Absolutely worth driving back to Brighton for to have another one!! A glass of wine for £6 was expensive though so had just the one! We was pleased to have a Costa Coffee available at the hotel but this was disappointingly closed when we arrived to have a morning coffee (this is why we didn't rate the hotel excellent unfortunately).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pita42Kent
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear pita24kent
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments in regards to our signature Burger! I agree – it is very good! I hope your choose to visit us again in the near future.