Jurys Inn Brighton
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$265
US$258
  • Beachfront
US$162
Hotel Una(Brighton)
US$452
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$174
  • Pool
The Granville Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$145
Blanch House(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$208
TripAdvisor
2,544 results
All reviewstrain stationcar parkmodern hotelconvenient locationbusiness tripgood sizebuffet breakfastfamily roomwould stay againreception stafftown centresea frontgood nights sleepone night stayseafrontlaines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

After staying for quite a few nights occasionally, I thought I should finally write a review.
The hotel is a 1 minute walk fro the station and a 5 minute walk until you reach the thriving city centre of Brighton, this convenience meant that going into town when I needed to was very easy and quick.

Anyway, the hotel staff themselves have always been happy and generous.
Always having a smile on their faces and happy to help even when I have lost my room key!
The food at Jury's it very good quality and the jury's signature burger is a must for any meat lovers!
Please pass on my thanks to 'Nicole' for being polite and apologising that there was a queue in reception and helping with directions into the town for certain places I needed to be on different days.
Overall this hotel is top quality with clean rooms, great food and brilliant staff.
A must fir a weekend in Brighton.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Ells2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your lovely comments about our staff and facilities. We do our utmost to ensure all our guests feel welcomed and im happy that we clearly delivered. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed here before on business, but some time ago. This time was a private stay, one night only, but not a lot seems to have changed. Slightly above budget, our room was one of the larger ones. Spotlessly clean and with good decor and fittings there was only one disappointment and that was they did not have two more comfortable armchairs. Buffet breakfast was as expected, even more choice on the continental side than many hotels in this bracket provide. Reception from our web booking was very fast, as was checkout, despite the hotel seeming to be near full. Probably about £20 dearer than it should have been in my view. Staff courteous, helpful, and smiling, they genuinely seemed to want to welcome you. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear grumps 147
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I feel we do offer a great value product in terms of what other Hotels in the city provide. We pride ourselves on the level of maintenance and all our team are genuine, willing and do their utmost to ensure all our guests feel welcomed. I hope you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in Nov 2013. Though we arrived early from London, room was ready and check-in was a breeze. Check-in staff were friendly and helpful with direction around town. Room amenities were adequate and housekeeping was very efficient throughout our stay, clean towels, toiletries and instant coffee sachets were replenished daily. English buffet breakfast was quite good though there was no choice of how your eggs can be done. We had dinner in the hotel one night and you have quite a choice in the menu. We only heard noises in corridor one late night, otherwise it was quiet most time. There was free Wifi in our room too. Location of hotel was very convenient, near to the train station hence easy for us to catch the train for our journey back to London. I would have given all 5 stars if the hotel shows EPL games in the room TV channels. Will definitely return if visiting Brighton again.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms would probably be more quiet. We stayed on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear resorto
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your 3 night break with us and that you found all our staff both welcoming and efficient. There is a standing card on all the breakfast tables which offers you a choice of eggs (Poached or cooked softer). I do apologise if this was not clear but we are more than happy to meet with any such request. I can assure you of eggs anyway you please on your next visit. Feel free to email me at the address below and I will make the booking on your behalf.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Jury's Inn is right near the station - 3 minute walk max - so great for dropping off bags etc when you arrive. They were happy for us the check in early and were flexible when I asked what would happen if we decided to check out late. We left our bags there with. I problem after we checked out meaning we could explore Brighton some more easily. We took the advice if reviewers on here and asked for a quiet room away from any hen/stag parties. We were on the 5th floor and it was really quiet, we hardly saw anyone else in fact. The room was clean and tidy, everything I would expect from a £70 room, but I wouldn't want to pay more than that. Overall a good experience and we would stay again at the right price.

Room Tip: Ask the stay in a quiet room, we stayed in 529 and we had no problems.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Gina C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try and accommodate all our guests’ requests and we’re more than happy to store luggage. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Jurys Inns tend to be the same wherever you go, the one in Brighton is next to the station and provides easy access to the city centre and seafront. The staff here are exceptionally friendly and helpful as always.

A few things let this place down, the rooms are looking a bit tired, the scuffed up skirting boards, the smudge marks on walls and occasional stains on the carpeting. The place needs a refresh. I also don't understand why the plates at breakfast are so small, somewhere in between a dinner plate and a side plate. The breakfast itself wasn't great either, in particular the sausages were grim.

So a nice place looking a bit tired out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JasperJohnson
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Jasper Johnson
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed to read that you felt the Hotel bedrooms were not well maintained and the reflected rating. We service over 10,000 guests per month so there will naturally be some wear and tear so to speak. We maintain the Hotel exceptionally well as is evident from previous reviews. Our breakfast buffet is self service and its ingredients are of good quality. Our guests can choose to visit the buffet as many times as they wish making this great value. On a separate note, we are currently reviewing our overall product and we will invest in excess of £1M in the Hotel public areas and bedrooms in the near future. I do appreciate your comments in regards to our staff - they are truly a credit to our business.