“Good base”

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed in here for a few nights with work. Good little hotel with nice staff. Didn't have any problems with the cleanliness of the room. Great location for catching the train and not too far away from the pier.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank mrslaurariddell
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear l_smith1984
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was disappointed with your rating of us as it does seem you were happy with your stay and our facilities – even complimentary. Nevertheless, thank you for your positive review and I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.
damien_doyle@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,414)

Reviewed 2 January 2014

First may i just say a big thank you for the early check in . My husband and i had been travelling from 4 o clock that morning and were really tired. We found the hotel very good . It was a short walk to the bars and shopping area. The staff were all very friendly. the room we stayed in was very clean and housekeeping called daily . we could not fault the breakfast . The bar food was was very tasty. We would stay there again.

1  Thank 127susan

Dear 127susan
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. You’re more than welcome in regards to the early check in. Feel free to drop me a line if you choose to visit us again. I will make all the arrangements for you.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed in Jurys Inn Brighton on New Years Eve. We got a good deal through a 3rd party website. The hotel is very conveniently located for the train station and then it is about a 10-15 minute walk down into the centre of town. The North Laines start about a 5 min walk away.

The hotel felt modern and clean and the reception staff were very welcoming during check in. The room was fairly basic but a good size and more comfortable than the likes of a Travelodge. We also like the ice machines on each floor as it enable us to chill a bottle of bubbly!

My only complaint was the thin walls between rooms, this could of been due to our room being connected to another for larger parties but it didn't put off the amorous couple in the room next door!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LizzyBoo-D

Dear LizzyBoo-D
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope your had a great nice out on NYE and im happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the couple next door to keep you awake too late!!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My daughter and I chose this hotel to host a family lunch because of its disabled facilities and its proximity to the station which offers a large free parking area for blue badge holders. We stayed for one night and were delighted to find the bedroom for the disabled person was extremely spacious and the en-suite shower room equally spacious and well equipped. As the carer, I was given an adjoining complimentary room with a communicating door between the two rooms. I can honestly say that of the many hotels we have stayed in in the UK and abroad, the disabled facilities offered by Jurys Inn Brighton are second to none and the staff are lovely! The circulation space in the self service breakfast area was generous and my daughter able to make her own selection, with the staff offering table service if required - we will certainly be coming here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Marion L
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments. I’m delighted our facilities suited your daughter’s needs. If you choose to visit us again, feel free to contact me direct and I will make all the arrangements for you.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here on new years eve and found the hotel very good. The staff were all very friendly and our room (although it appeared to be a disabled room with hand-bars everywhere and everything lowered) was very good for the price and nice and modern.

Being New Years there were a few noisy hotel guests but the hotel can do nothing about that and we found the breakfast the next morning fantastic.

To summarise, an excellent value hotel for a stay in Brighton which is well worth a visit.

Dear Mrb_eastbourn
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your nice comments. Our staff and very friendly and more than happy to help in any way. New Years Eve is always going to be quite lively regardless of location but im happy that you clearly enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and I hope you choose to visit us again in 2014

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here NYE 2013, as its only a 10 min walk to the seafront, bars etc. Its what i expected, the room was average size and very clean, the hotel has a lot of facilities etc and is also very clean, as it was NYE thought it might be very noisy but it was not at all even though the average age of the other guests was in my opinion 21,, an overall enjoyable place to stay in easy reach of the town centre.

Dear Robby M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I hope you had good new years in Brighton. It’s a great city to visit for a night out. Thank you for your review and im glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here with my 97 year old mother on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We chose the hotel because my disabled mother cannot climb the stairs of my Brighton home.I planned our stay with the help of the accommodation manager, who directed us to two adjoining rooms (one with a wet room) and, as the 'carer', my room was complimentary. The rooms were a generous size and well equipped. I had requested the beds to be made up with sheets and blankets rather than duvets, and this was the case on our arrival. The reception and dining room staff were friendly and helpful and provided a festive welcome. This was a perfect solution to our Christmas dilemma and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CasBrighton

Dear CasBrighton
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us. We’re more than happy to facilitate any request and im happy your mother found our facilities beneficial. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.