“Clean modern fresh and friendly”
Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Jury's inn Brighton for my hen do I had a wonderful time and the hotel just made it the best. One night we came back and they let us sit in the lobby helped us order pizza and made the hen a lovely cup of tea. I would have have to say that was the best part of the weekend. Just enjoying the time with friends in a safe and relaxed environment. I would also like to thank Ben and Chris who were security that night and were a font of knowledge about life and the universe. Many thanks to the jurys inn for making my time in Brighton so special.

• Stayed: April 2014
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear jennwozere
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted that you had a lovely weekend with us. I have passed on your review to the team who are very appreciative. I do hope the hen has a successful wedding and you all (whenever possible) get an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Brighton

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Spent a weekend at this hotel and it was perfect for a weekend break. Large rooms. ,,I didn't try breakfast as there are several small cafes close by. Bar prices are a little pricey....30 for a bottle of prossecco...ouch! Overall, worth a stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MagicMan222
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear MagicMan222
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your nice comments and was glad to read that you enjoyed you stay with us. Our bar prices are by and large lower than most of the Brighton Hotels prices. However; im more than happy to buy you a drink when you next visit us!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed one night here and were very pleasantly surprised. We arrived early and were given a room without any difficulties. Despite being right next to the train station, very handy, we were not disturbed at all. We were travelling with two children, aged 8 & 9, and staying in a family room. Their bed was a sofa bed and would probably not suit much older children but it was perfect for us. Breakfast was great, plenty of variation and staff were friendly and polite set all times. Would definitely recommend for families.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JakiO2014

Dear Jacki02014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. I do hope the children enjoyed Brighton and indeed the Hotel. I will ensure all the team here read your review – our guest feedback in very important to all of them.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed with my husband as was taking part in the Briton marathon, the check in staff were lovely and so helpful. They provided maps and direction.
We had a snack from the bar which was nice too.
The only downside was the very hard bed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Arterfamily
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your nice comments. I will ensure my team read your review. I am sorry our bed offering wasn’t to your liking. Our mattresses are of exceptionally high quality but I appreciate they will not be to everyone exact taste. I do hope this doesn’t dissuade you from visiting us again n in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here two years ago and were pleased by it.

However, we stayed here recently and paid almost £200 for the (Saturday) night. It is not worth that at all. Our room on the fourth floor was tired and the bathroom felt grubby. The water pressure in the shower was terrible. We called maintenance and a guy came up really quickly only to tell us that the pressure was set for the whole hotel and that's all we'd get. He did promise to come back and look again but we didn't see him again.

The hotel has big groups of hen and stag parties, which can be a little off putting when there's 30+ men in the bar.

Lastly, despite reporting the water issue on Friday night we were not asked until check-out on Sunday if all was ok with our stay. Absolutely no follow up to us reporting the water issue. To be fair to the receptionist when we told her she offered us a free buffet breakfast as way of apology, which was appreciated.

I won't be rushing to stay here again, especially as the inflated prices.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend it unless you get a super good deal price-wise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear LDNgal
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was disappointed to read your review. We are one of the best value Hotels in the city. Most Brighton Hotel charges well in excess of £200 on a Saturday night. The Hotel is maintained to the highest possible standards as is evident from previous reviews. All our showers are set to offer 7 litres of water per minute. I am sorry you didn’t feel this was adequate for your needs. Our maintenance team did check but they wouldn’t need access to your room as the controls for this are outside your room. I do hope you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast by way of an apology.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel looks very new from the outside and in reception but some of the decor in the rooms, especially the bathroom, made me wonder wether it was actually a revamp.
Due to its location next to the station, the high car parking charges and the difficulty in finding the access road, then arrival by train is the best option. Just note that if you come out of the main entrance of the station you will not find the hotel. There is a seperate side exit that is signposted for the hotel. The location is quiet but not very attractive ( opposite staion multi storey car park etc )
The hotel is a typical city , modern mid range hotel . One step up from a budget hotel but no character. It was clean, comfortable and everything worked, only slight gripe was that the shower was a bit weak. Buffet breakfast was fine.
A particular positive point was the staff attitude. All helpful. pleasant and friendly ,without being over the top/too familiar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Albermarle
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have actually just completed painting the outside of the Hotel. We are commencing a full Hotel refurbishment towards the end of this year. Thank you for your comments in regards to our team at the Hotel. They really are a great asset to our business. I hope you choose to visit us again the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

An adaquate room with adaquate facilities. But to pay £189 for a small double with no bath, breakfast not included, expensive parking, no mini bar, and nothing to endear us, is outrageous. I booked almost three months in advance so it wasn't expensive for lack of planning. I feel completely ripped off.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear JoCotterall
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry you feel we didn’t provide value for money. As you will have noticed when booking a number of months ago; we are one of the best value Hotel in the city. Weekends are peak in Brighton and so prices will be reflective of this. We clearly advertise what is included in the rate at the point of booking. A similar standard of room would have cost well in excess of £220 closer to the seafront however; you will have probably noticed that most seafront Hotels impose a 2 night minimum booking policy. We are one of the few Brighton Hotels that does not always apply this policy.