“Good, but could be better”
Review of Jurys Inn Brighton

Jurys Inn Brighton
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My friends and I booked this hotel on Laterooms.com so got a good room of a double and single bed for £89! The hotel itself is of good condition and quality and has nice features. It's also great for the station and only a 10 minute walk right down to the centre.
However, there are definitely areas to improve I feel.
3/5 staff members I encountered were pretty miserable and unwelcoming. One staff member even walked straight past me without even cracking a smile.
The room too, as standard price I believe costs over £200, so for this you would not expect to find a lampshade with cracks in it, marks over the walls, a very squeaky bed and a few stains on the carpet!
As I said however, great location, and some staff are friendly, just needs tightening up on certain areas I thought.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Ollie T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was disappointed to read some of your comments. Our staff are extremely friendly and they have had many positive comments previous in this regards. I do apologise about the issues you raised in regards to your room. We pride ourselves on maintaining the Hotel to the highest possible standards as is evident from previous reviews and I will ensure your comments are passed on to my House Keeping Manager

damien_doyle@jurysinns.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel last week and I must say its location, right beside the train station is perfect. Also the city centre is only a 5-10 minute stroll away which is ideal. We were greeted with excellent customer service from the reception who were more than happy to answer any queries we had. Also the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The availability of the costa coffee service downstairs was excellent for us coffee lovers who could enjoy our coffees in extreme comfort. Finally we also decided to eat one of our dinners in the bar and it was top class food at a very reasonable price. I really couldn't fault anything within my stay in this beautiful hotel.

Dear David K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose to visit again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great venue for hen parties and alike. We were a group of 14 aged 25-35.
Overall cleanliness, decor, comfort excellent for the price.
Others said walls were a little think and could hear people in morning, I didn't notice this though.
We saw a lot of other hen/stag, groups out to party, so summer months over weekend it possibly could be loud.
We all came in after a night out a reception/ security staff all friendly( despite us being quite loud and drunk!)
Location very very close to station and short walk from town, £11 taxi to bars, clubs in a 9 seater minibus.

Room Tip: They will split up large groups across a floor.

Dear ashleyizz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. I hope you enjoyed the weekend in Brighton and you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We had a family room for one night. At £109 it was more expensive than our normal family room haunt at the Preston Park travel lodge but as they were full we gave it a go.

Reception were lovely and check in was quick. The room was modern, well decorated, air conned and had a shower and bath combo which was a bonus.

As we booked a family room we had a double bed and then a sofa bed which is suitable for two children. I thought that the sofa bed was a little bit tight in terms of space and two 12 year olds (max age for 2 children) would def have had to squeeze in. TV was good. Wifi in rooms costs £3 an hour.

In the evening the security guard checked who was coming in and out of hotel. All in all a good stay!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Helenkm18

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we become the Hotel of choice for you and your family when visiting Brighton.

Our standard Wi-Fi service is free however; if you need high speed for downloading or streaming, we do apply a small charge.

I hope you choose to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed in Jurys Inn with my partner while attending the Pet Shop Boys concert. It's location is ideal as it's right next to the train station and a 5-10 leisurely stroll to the city centre. The hotel is nicely decorated, rooms are bright & spacious & staff are very friendly. It's great for a weekend away and I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nollaig G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments in regards to the Hotel and the team. I hope you enjoyed the gig – I heard it was great.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have booked in this hotel twice, I found it comfortable.
first of all the hotel is so near to Brighton station so I stepped just a few to arrive.
I found a helpful staff on the reception doing their best , Also the hotel has a good room serviced.
I'm very happy with restaurant staff, who paying attention to present service and giving an advice .in addition the bar is also has a simple look it designed to answer a different wishes , Ex to watch tele ,or other corners in side the bar if I wish read a book or having conversation with my friends
Secondly, I can go shopping where some supermarkets a round and having my coffee as well in some cafés .. Moreover I can give steps direct to the center which is fairly near.
Finally . Even I lived for a while in Telscombe cliffs I became a regular to the bar in this hotel . I do respect the staff in this hotel as much I can for endless care..
notes : pool&fitness they are not exists in this hotel.

Room Tip: You might find rooms behind give a chance to see the houses..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Haider B

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really do appreciate your feedback and I was delighted to read that that that team deliver to your expectations.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stay at this hotel a lot. It's always great to walk in and have reception say hello like a long lost friend has just turned up, always cheerful, polite and helpful. Cannot understand how some people can be so rude when they always try to help with a smile.
In more than 300 nights have had one problem with any of the rooms.
Bar staff pay attention and serve with a smile to all.
Fantastic location for travel to and getting to the city. You do not need a car, and the 200 yards from the station is easy and well signed.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter, they keep the hens and stags lower down.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear BK1a

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your nice comments about the Hotel and Staff. I will ensure the team reads your review as comments like yours really makes their day.

I hope you choose to visit us again soon.