“Suitably situated”

GreenLeadersSilver level
United Kingdom
“Suitably situated”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Well situated when we arrived by train into Brighton, only a 5 minute walk from the station. Rooms clean, comfortable and well kitted out. Stay was B&B. Breakfast was the usual buffet, couldn't complain, however choices could have been topped up quicker and tables cleared quicker. All told an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to lifts, these are generally noisy areas.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear tobyowen

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise that the tables weren’t cleared in a timely fashion. I will pass your comments on to my F&B manager to address the shortfall.

I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

damien_doyle@jurysinns.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Greek first
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just back from 3 nights at Jury's Brighton.My wife and myself enjoyed our stay-but had some problems at breakfast.The hotel takes a lot of coach parties of tourists from the near continent-and breakfast was chaotic when the restaurant was full of three or four coach parties-nowhere to sit and a lot of the food kept running out.I did not manage to 'nab' a fried egg the first two mornings! The staff are helpful and friendly and the location of the hotel is handy for the railway station and buses to town,the beach and Marina.Facilities in the rooms are very good-but the hotel is not cheap unless you 'bag a bargain'
Our room overlooked the railway-but you could hardly hear the trains.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear binroaming

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was happy to read than you enjoyed your stay with us. We service many different client types and some will be part of tours due to our seaside location. I do apologise if some items were temporally missing or being re stocked when you arrived at the buffet. I can assure you that the items were en route. We pride ourselves on offering a great breakfast as is evident from previous reviews.

You are correct in stating that we not cheap. We do however offer great value in terms or our product and services and as you have stated, our rooms are of very high standard.

I do hope you choose to visit us again in the near future. Please feel free to drop me a line and I will personally look after your booking.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My friends and I decided to go to Brighton this year for a couple of days so we booked the Jurys Inn.The hotel is located beside Brighton train station so we didn't have to walk very far so already we were happy! We arrived at reception and felt a bit peckish so we decided to get a bite to eat in the bar. The food was top notch! The cheese burger was to die for! We then went upstairs to the rooms which were spacious and very clean. Overall I really enjoyed my stay in the Jurys Inn, I would defiantly recommend it because of it's location, tranquil atmosphere, great food & lovely rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Ronan D

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed you stay with us. We have recently changed our menu and our Burgers have had great comments.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.

Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My friends and I booked this hotel on Laterooms.com so got a good room of a double and single bed for £89! The hotel itself is of good condition and quality and has nice features. It's also great for the station and only a 10 minute walk right down to the centre.
However, there are definitely areas to improve I feel.
3/5 staff members I encountered were pretty miserable and unwelcoming. One staff member even walked straight past me without even cracking a smile.
The room too, as standard price I believe costs over £200, so for this you would not expect to find a lampshade with cracks in it, marks over the walls, a very squeaky bed and a few stains on the carpet!
As I said however, great location, and some staff are friendly, just needs tightening up on certain areas I thought.

Dear Ollie T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was disappointed to read some of your comments. Our staff are extremely friendly and they have had many positive comments previous in this regards. I do apologise about the issues you raised in regards to your room. We pride ourselves on maintaining the Hotel to the highest possible standards as is evident from previous reviews and I will ensure your comments are passed on to my House Keeping Manager

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel last week and I must say its location, right beside the train station is perfect. Also the city centre is only a 5-10 minute stroll away which is ideal. We were greeted with excellent customer service from the reception who were more than happy to answer any queries we had. Also the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The availability of the costa coffee service downstairs was excellent for us coffee lovers who could enjoy our coffees in extreme comfort. Finally we also decided to eat one of our dinners in the bar and it was top class food at a very reasonable price. I really couldn't fault anything within my stay in this beautiful hotel.

Dear David K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose to visit again soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great venue for hen parties and alike. We were a group of 14 aged 25-35.
Overall cleanliness, decor, comfort excellent for the price.
Others said walls were a little think and could hear people in morning, I didn't notice this though.
We saw a lot of other hen/stag, groups out to party, so summer months over weekend it possibly could be loud.
We all came in after a night out a reception/ security staff all friendly( despite us being quite loud and drunk!)
Location very very close to station and short walk from town, £11 taxi to bars, clubs in a 9 seater minibus.

Room Tip: They will split up large groups across a floor.
Dear ashleyizz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. I hope you enjoyed the weekend in Brighton and you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We had a family room for one night. At £109 it was more expensive than our normal family room haunt at the Preston Park travel lodge but as they were full we gave it a go.

Reception were lovely and check in was quick. The room was modern, well decorated, air conned and had a shower and bath combo which was a bonus.

As we booked a family room we had a double bed and then a sofa bed which is suitable for two children. I thought that the sofa bed was a little bit tight in terms of space and two 12 year olds (max age for 2 children) would def have had to squeeze in. TV was good. Wifi in rooms costs £3 an hour.

In the evening the security guard checked who was coming in and out of hotel. All in all a good stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Helenkm18

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we become the Hotel of choice for you and your family when visiting Brighton.

Our standard Wi-Fi service is free however; if you need high speed for downloading or streaming, we do apply a small charge.

I hope you choose to visit us again soon.