Jurys Inn Brighton
US$137
US$123
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$286
US$266
  • Pool
2,572 results
All reviewstrain stationcar parkmodern hotelconvenient locationbusiness tripgood sizebuffet breakfastfamily roomwould stay againreception stafftown centresea frontgood nights sleepone night stayseafrontlaines
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had high hopes for this hotel as it is relatively new. Our check-in experience was not good, the receptionist looked so put out when we asked if we could collect our cases we had dropped in earlier. Once we got to our room things got worse. The decor was tired and dated. The TV screen looked as if it had been washed with a mop! The furniture was coved in makeup and there were hairs in the bath! As the weather was so lovely we did not plan to stay in the room for long. In the morning we were woken early as the wall are so thin and we had an adjoining door in our room so noise just flooded underneath. We couldn’t wait to leave. I would have given this feedback on check-out but again there was no interest form the staff, we were not asked for any feedback.. mainly I guess, because they didn’t care! The only thing the place has going for it is it is close to the station!!

Room Tip: Dont stay in a room with an adjoining door if it's not required. Dont stay on the side facing the train tacks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear LJB235

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was very disappointed to read you review. Your experience is by no means a measure of our usual standards of service and I am personally looking into your comments.

The team are very customer focused and friendly as is evident from previous reviews but I will ensure my front desk team/ manager take note of your review and implement further training.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed as part of a large group for my hen do. The hotel is literally right next to the train station which is very handy! Rooms are large and clean, really comfy beds. Need to check there are enough towels in the room for number of guests. It's very large and hen and stag friendly, security in the door in the evening so no trouble. Only negative is that parking isn't actually part of the hotel it is across the road and is a bit difficult if I'm totally honest! The kiosk to pay was shut so have to go into ticket office of train station a few mins walk and it was about £20 for overnight stay which is fairly steep.
Would recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear HolidayDiva88

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are trying to agree a more user friendly method of payment with the owners of the car park. While the cost does appear steep, the £20 is £7 cheaper than most car parks in the city. That unfortunately is Brighton parking costs.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Clean, comfortable, friendly service, incredibly close to the station.
Bed was a double, not a King size which I'd have preferred.
Would also have liked a leaflet to explain the controls of the central heating/cooling system. Would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Ask what size bed they have and how to cool the room on hot days/nights.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DamienDoyle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Lesley380

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your nice comments about the Hotel and the team.

The guest directory on the dresser table contains all the information about the TV, Air conditioning controls etc.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We opted for Brighton to run our first marathon and needed somewhere to put our heads down. Staying a mile away from the seafront was a blessing, as it was a lot quieter, but easy to walk to the seafront.

It is close to the train station, but you wouldn't know as there is no noise. The rooms are clean, well decorated and an excellent place for a couple nights rest. Also it was an easy walk to the start line for the marathon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Richard L

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words about the Hotel. I hope you ran well and finished in your targeted time.

If you are considering running again next year, please book soon for our very best price.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for one night while on a brief business trip to Brighton, I've stayed at various Jurys Inn's from Belfast to Birmingham, and I've always had a pleasant experience. It was so nice to get off of the train, and only have to walk about a minute to the hotel, and it's only a few minutes walk from Brighton town center, so very conveniently located. The staff were friendly and helpful on both check-in and check-out. The room was of a good size, clean and tidy, with all the facilities you'd expect, with a sufficient area to work and relax.
My only criticisms would be some areas of the room needed repainting and some general bits of maintenance, and the bathroom had an unusually unpleasant smell, but it's something you can put up with for a short stay, although if I was staying for longer I may have asked to switch rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jonny M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise about the odour you mention – I am at a loss as to what that would have been. As you mention, the room are cleaned to a very high standard.

We are in the final process of commencing a full Hotel refurbishment.