“v. good food, good value”
Review of Gingerman

Gingerman
Ranked #10 of 1,140 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$19 - US$42
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In Norfolk Square, The Gingerman Restaurant has a small, intimate dining room and a superb menu of modern British cuisine made with fresh, local produce. Full of unique character, the stylish restaurant possesses a great reputation within the city. With intimate lighting and simple wooden furnishings, this Brighton eatery has a warm, cosy ambience. The delicious dishes from the seasonal gourmet menu include slow roasted pork belly with creamy mash, cumin spiced lamb rack with black cardamom puree and coconut chutney or pig cheek ravioli with saffron jus. A classy list of wines and premium champagnes will complement your meal. Gingerman restaurant offers smart, unpretentious dining in vibrant Brighton.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“v. good food, good value”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had the set lunch at the restaurant this week. Food was excellent and very good value. Staff friendly and helpful.

London, United Kingdom
“Gingerman............i love you”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

2nd visit to Gingerman.

10/10 for the food, service and the staff. A delight on every level.

I wished i lived closer. I would be a regular diner.

Well done to you all. Outstanding meal, as always

2 Thank Sparklysparkles
Lot, France
“Great expectation, but.....”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

After much searching on TA decided to try the gingerman. Arrive just slightly early but this was planned as a wheelchair user it is easier to get into venues. Lovely welcome by the staff and the venue itself was really good if a little on the dark side. The menu looked and sounded great and after deliberation we made our choice and wine to go with our meal.. A very tasty amouse bouchée arrived of pork deep fried in a ball served on an apple purée, pure heaven delicious. Some bread arrived for you to carve on a board with garlic and honey butter, sublime was the taste and a nice touch. Here is where for the first time that things started to go wrong. My husbands starter of the rabbit ballottine was just about passable to eat as it was served on a plate the was not not enough. My starter of the lamb sweetbreads was tasty but lacked a little seasoning. We decided not to say anything and hoped for better with our mains. My husband had the venison and this was cooked on the rare side to medium but not unpleasant. I had the fillet of beef which should have been medium rare but was rare to medium but agin this was ok, however the artichoke was raw and inedible and the faggot had the most bizarre flavour to it. I was asked if my dish was alright but I aired my view and a replacement plate was arranged. We were offered a complementary drink but we declined. I was asked if I would prefer potato instead as if I did not like the artichoke. Not so it was not cooked and surprisingly on the replacement plate on a a couple of wafer thin crips of artichoke appeared on the plate. By now my husband was irritated by eating alone and I really had lost my enthusiasm for the dish. Followers of my reports know what kind of foodies we are at all levels and it takes something to get me to this state. We were served a pre desert which was really nice but my husband and I had lost faith in the chef. We asked for the bill, the manager did take off my beef dish from it which was nice of him. We left money for a service tip as this could not be faulted. It was such a shame as we love eating out and had read such good things of this place. Would we go again, well I think the jury is still out on that one. The kitchen let the front of house down on this occassion. I hope thing improve.

West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Can find nothing bad to say....Superb”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had our wedding lunch here for 22 people in October. What a fantastic choice we made.
The planning and organisation was brilliant. The food and choices offered amazing. The service faultless, the ambiance wonderful.
Thanks to Jamie and all his great staff for making our day so special. We cannot recommend highly enough the Gingerman. Great food, great staff, classy but not pretentious.

• Visited October 2013
London
“Wonderful food, lovely restaurant, good staff, not pretentious”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We ate here for our anniversary. The food was gorgeous, from the amuse bouche to the three course menu. The beef was amazing and the waitress was very helpful with questions on the menu. A quiet location which is nice and still very central. Loved it!

• Visited November 2013