“Outstanding restaurant away from the crowded streets”
Review of Sukhothai Palace

Sukhothai Palace
Ranked #320 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$41 - US$41
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

It was my first visit and my friends and I were so impressed. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere so calm and pleasant. The restaurant is only a short distance from the centre of Brighton but a world away from the crowds of shoppers and students. I loved the chef starters and the classic dishes. A real find.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Have visited this place at least a dozen times now in the last couple of years, taking friends and parents there on a few occasions. The staff are really polite, service is quick and you won't find tastier thai food for such low prices (£4.95 for 2 courses). The spicy corn cakes and Phrick Pao Rice with beef is delicious. Great light food that gives you a nice spicy tang.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Accepted the owners explanation (online) of their poor hygiene rating and that it was revoked on the same day, so friends and I decided to give this place a try. Had the two course lunch for £4.95 Found the food bland and uninspiring, with not much resemblance to the description on the menu. Couldn't see or taste any prawns or sesame seeds in the so named toast Entrée. Couldn't taste any Peanut Sauce in the Chicken Dish of that name. Yes, it's cheap but so are other places, wouldn't return.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been going to Suhhothai for a number of years and cannot fault the service, food quality and price. This is the best thai food I have ever tasted and will continue to visit for a brilliant value for money lunch. The rumours about poor food hygene are nonsense and clearly someone looking to have a dig at good, honest, hard working people. I cannot say enough good about this place and I suggest if you are in the area and fancy fresh tasty thai food at a good price this is the place to go. I have never had any issues with Sukhothai and it pleases me to to see the number of good reviews written here after the rubbish previously spoken about the place. Keep up the good work Sukhothai. I went yesterday and I've just got back from another visit and am already looking forward to going back. Possibly 3 times in 3 days, it's that good!!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Without doubt the best Thai restaurant in Brighton. We have been coming to this restaurant for many years and have never had a bad meal. Having spent a lot of time in Thailand I appreciate the authentic taste of the food at Sukhothai. The crispy fish salad is actually better than anything I have had in Thailand! The service is also excellent and the staff are friendly and attentive. They also do a wonderful take away service. I wouldn't hesitate in thoroughly recommending this restaurant.

1  Thank Charlie B