“Good food, but poor service”
Review of Wai Kika Moo Kau

Wai Kika Moo Kau
Ranked #89 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I really want to like this place, because whenever I go here I am never disappointed with the food, but I just feel so uncomfortable with the way the staff behave. It's impossible to even distinguish staff from the customers. They push past you, take forever to seat you, and just generally make you feel like you are in the way. Then when you order, the food takes forever to come. Last time, we only ordered cake - how hard is it to bring over a slice? But they were too busy chatting to each other to do it and we had to remind them in the end we were still waiting. The cake was absolutely delicious though, sometimes vegan cake can be a bit dry, but this was moist and a generous serving.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Eaten here every time I visit Brighton and I'm never disappointed. The food is delicious and the service friendly. Was going to try somewhere else this time, just for a change but I couldn't! Pleased I didn't

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were visiting Brighton for my wife's birthday weekend on 12 and 13 July. The first time here we popped in for coffees and cold drinks after a busy afternoon wandering around the North Laines. We had a lovely shady table outside the front of the cafe which suited us just fine. It was a great location to sit and watch the world go by. We were served quickly although the cafe was busy, by a really nice waiter called Ollie who was very friendly and we liked the atmosphere straight away. Although we only had drinks we noticed the interesting gluten free and dairy free options on the menu so the following day 13 July, my wife's birthday, we decided to return for lunch. We were warmly greeted and served by lovely staff who were all very efficient. Imogen. Georgie and Ollie again. This time we had a lovely table inside. Our food arrived quickly, was delicious, tasted very freshly made and was well presented. My wife doesn.t often get to have desserts out in restaurants but at this little cafe she was able to choose from several and had some delicious carrot cake. Well done team! We were so impressed that we returned on the Monday to get more! We will definitely return when we are next down in Brighton!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

With my brother and his wife, both vegans, we had a first class lunch here. Not vegans ourselves, my wife and I were impressed with the menu and chose meals that caught our curiosity. What we were served, by very friendly staff, were very tasty, in copious quantities, and well presented. The experience certainly made us keen to try this kind of eating, not because of the basis of vegan food, but because we enjoyed the flavours etc. Situated in a busy part of the North Laines, eating outside or inside, this eating place is recommended.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Definitely better than Tiffany's! I loved the chill vibe and that everything there was vegan. Whilst the breakfast meal may not be much to scream about their smoothies are amazing and the seating is lovely.

The staff were generally friendly and they only expect you to pay once you've finished your food.

The breakfast deal that they offer doesn't demonstrate any real creativity and it isn't particularly appetising. Be brave and try something different! I guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised.