“great curry house”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Lewes, United Kingdom
“great curry house”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

a nice hidden gem,i will vist again food was fresh and tasty can recommend takeaway side of business seemed very busy

• Visited July 2012

Liverpool
“Simply stunning! A must for any Indian food lover!”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Being Indian and also visiting my favourite place on earth so far....GOA! I decided to check out this place and the fabulous Xacuti curry.

So- I ordered the following:-
Starters- Chicken Cafreal- a bit like chicken tikka but bigger pieces and much more spice/flavour that your conventional indian food...
Starters- Couldnt resist trying something else so I went for a Talapia Tandoori- this is fish and very nice, needed a little more spice though compared to the chicken which was lovely!

Mains- Rice and Naan bread- nothing to write home about really, standard tasting everywhere you go......its all about the curry though!

Xacuti chicken curry- I really should of ordered fish with this as this is how you are meant to eat it, but Xacuti curry is the national dish of Goa.....Chilka house have replicated this recipe amazingly and the curry was delicious and almost as good as my trips to Goa!

I rate restaurant very highly and will definitely be visiting it again next time I am in Brighton! Much better than "The Pavel" restaurant I ate in the day before. Go for this place and also the amazing Xacuti curry!

Served with a cup of Indian cha- total cost was under £19! Bargain! Portions are massive as well!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank mmalh0151
Brighton
“Superb Curry”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Called in here on a weekday night when it was quiet in the restaurant, but judging by the deliveries going out, the Takeaway side was obviously doing good trade.

Went our curries arrived, Lamb Kormas, as we were nit keen on anything hotter I understood why the Takeaway side was so busy - the curry was gorgeous!

Well worth a visit, either for a meal or a Takeaway.....

• Visited March 2011
UK
“Stressed waiter, unpleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We were a party of 8. The restaurant was completely empty except for our booking which perhaps is telling as it was a saturday night. The waiter took ages to serve us, spent a great deal of time shouting down the phone at unknown others and was at times, bordering on the aggressive when dealing with us.

There was overall a very tense atmosphere that even the children noticed. Furthermore, I had bad indigestion all night from the curry. I don't know what was going on, but it affected the way we were treated.

It was not a nice relaxed evening and there is no way that me or my friends will be going back there.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank silverbreambrighton
Brighton
“Good overall”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very nice place had a great time we would recommend