“Divine home delivery.”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Outstanding.This was freshly prepared traditional and accomplished cooking. Wholesome tasty and authentic. We did not order from the menu but just asked what was tasty and vegetarian and selected a few of what the lady on the phone suggested. All of the dishes were absolutely top notch. If you like indian cooking that isnt the run of the mill experience.We would highly reccomend.!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Having had a menu through the door, I got a take-away, a vegetarian main dish called Chanchra, plus rice and a starter. Having got home, I saw the main course was in a "side-dish"-sized carton, phoned the restaurant and they said it was an oversight and would deliver a bigger portion. Having started to eat the food I had, I saw the promised Kala chick peas were not among the ingredients. I phoned again and the respondent sighed apologetically, offering a complimentary dish in the future. The second portion arrived (again without chick peas!). The chanchra was tasty enough and starter of "beetroot and carrot cutlets" (like rissoles) with salad was good.

This was a disappointing experience, though the waiter/delivery man and chef were certainly polite.

The restaurant itself (empty when I went) is small with functional decor, paper-clothed tables and "church hall"-like wooden chairs, making the 19th century music playing over the system seem rather lush and grand in comparison. The menu does offer rather unusual and enticing looking Goanese fish dishes which I have not seen elsewhere.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

The variety of dishes was excellent and service was polite, quick and efficient. A good bargain for money. Will come back here again

2  Thank Abuaisha
Reviewed 5 August 2012

a nice hidden gem,i will vist again food was fresh and tasty can recommend takeaway side of business seemed very busy

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Being Indian and also visiting my favourite place on earth so far....GOA! I decided to check out this place and the fabulous Xacuti curry.

So- I ordered the following:-
Starters- Chicken Cafreal- a bit like chicken tikka but bigger pieces and much more spice/flavour that your conventional indian food...
Starters- Couldnt resist trying something else so I went for a Talapia Tandoori- this is fish and very nice, needed a little more spice though compared to the chicken which was lovely!

Mains- Rice and Naan bread- nothing to write home about really, standard tasting everywhere you go......its all about the curry though!

Xacuti chicken curry- I really should of ordered fish with this as this is how you are meant to eat it, but Xacuti curry is the national dish of Goa.....Chilka house have replicated this recipe amazingly and the curry was delicious and almost as good as my trips to Goa!

I rate restaurant very highly and will definitely be visiting it again next time I am in Brighton! Much better than "The Pavel" restaurant I ate in the day before. Go for this place and also the amazing Xacuti curry!

Served with a cup of Indian cha- total cost was under £19! Bargain! Portions are massive as well!

2  Thank mmalh0151