“Great value, tasty food”
Review of Bombay Aloo

Bombay Aloo
Ranked #460 of 1,256 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$7 - US$8
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Small jewel in the centre of Brighton, not far from famous pier. Fairly crampy but good decor. Selection of 20 indian foods For £4.95. Good selection of drinks. Highly recommended.

2  Thank globetrottterrr

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Had a quick visit to this place today and all I can say is it's pretty good! As someone who likes proper curries (not curries which glow in the dark with E numbers!) I can say the curries at this place are pretty good! Service (bringing plate, drink and bill) was good. Good variety of food, was pretty busy and full of locals and tourists alike and to top it off the bill for 2 came to under £15. Will be returning!

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I love curry and this was disappointing. Bland, watery and very same same but different. I've made better and I'm not close to being Indian!
There was only one happy friendly member of staff. The rest just walked into you with miserable faces.
Won't be coming back unless they get some more flavour!!

1  Thank monbijou83
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Personally, I think the food is simply tasty. Pleasant service by smiling staff. Happy hour eating for just £3.50 its a bargain! Perhaps a change of menu occasionally, otherwise no complaints - thank you to Bombay Aloo :)

1  Thank Camilla159
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We sometimes go to Brighton and eat at Bombay Aloo. But sometimes we go to Brighton in order to go to Bombay Aloo!! I am now selective about my choices; crunchy bahji, sweet, plentiful mango chutney, light pilau rice, spicy lime pickle, fresh onions in mint sauce, chefs special (with chunks of curried swede and no potato!!) and smooth, creamy tarka dahl... We are vegetarian and this satisfies our need for fast, cheap uncomplicated food rather than over manipulated meat free options that can sit so awkwardly on restaurant menus. This is not high brow dining, but my is it good!! (The queuing process can be annoying but time it right and you get the curry choices to yourself!!)

And I haven't talked about the rice pudding. Suffice to say - cardamon and sultanas! Yum......!

1  Thank PartyofFour_10