“Waste of money”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had been here once before a few years ago and thought that this place did good value basic Indian food.

A recent visit with my girlfriend was far from good. The restaurant needs a good clean for a start, but that was the least of our worries. Starters of bhaji and pakora (potato in batter) tasted stale and re-fried and the rice and dried up naan bread looked as if they had been out a long time. All the curries were watery with little flavour and bulked out with over cooked potato. Didn't even go near the 'creamy' veggie korma that looked like cabbage, curdled milk and yet more potato. The staff brought us our drinks, but that was about that. We went supposedly during the 'happy' hour advertised on the sign but still got charged full price. Fine, it is cheap, but don't advertise one price and charge another. We couldn't be bothered to argue as we just wanted to get out.

I have had plenty of home cooked vegetarian curry at Indian friends' parents' houses and this ain't it. Avoid.

4  Thank Al M

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Can't understand any bad reviews! I'm a meat eater yet the best curries I ever had! Thankyou great choice clean, and a bargain

2  Thank Conrad B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

, Good option for cheap , quick veggie food.
Agree that they could perhaps improve on the wateriness of their dishes...

1  Thank Sargentsl
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'm surprised at the reviews for this one.First of all I love the concept, all veggie, Indian and buffet format and I've been using this on my annual visits to Brighton for years. The price is great but wish they would increase it by say £1 and up the quality. All the dishes today were watery, really watery and nothing special taste wise either. There is little service beyond taking your drinks and no one leading the team or asking anything. For a budget it could do, you can eat lots here for not a lot but in recent times like today i'd question what you are getting. Shame

1  Thank theposh
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This place has the look inside of an old mediterranean cafe/restaurant with plain wood tables and chairs. And around the ceiling are plastic grapevines, and rafia covered wine bottles dotted around. But do not let this put you off the the most excellent value and tasty vegetarian Indian dishes you will find in Brighton. And the fact that you can go and refill your plate until you are full is great. We have been here several times, and will be returning.

2  Thank emma c