“Decent Indian Buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was in town for a conference at the University of Brighton and when it was done I went into town and wanted to find something to eat. Saw this Indian buffet and gave it a try. It was quite nice for the price and the food tasted good. Not the best Indian food I have tasted but for the price and the buffet and the variety it is a good deal.

I'd recommend anyone to give it a try when you're in Brighton. Even if you don't like it you're only 4.95 pounds out of pocket.

2  Thank Stanley_Adjabeng
There are newer reviews for Bombay Aloo

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am once once again, leaving Bombay Aloo satisfied. This time I went during their Happy (2) Hour(s) so only paid £3.50 for an all you can eat Veggie Curry buffet.

As it was during the Happy Hour, you don't get a stamp on your loyalty card but I can so see why. Restaurant is always busy and you can see why!

Always great food at fantastic prices. In fact, I can't even remember they last time they put their £4.95 price up!

1  Thank Estie2206
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I wasn’t particularly impressed with the customer service since the waiters were reluctant to explain what was on offer and the different prices. I know a buffet is self-explanatory but answering simple questions what’s on offer shouldn’t be a struggle.

However, if you’re feeling hungry and want something different to a quick footlong from subway then I recommend this place, which is cheaper, tastier and possibly healthier.

1  Thank MoHasan92
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had been here once before a few years ago and thought that this place did good value basic Indian food.

A recent visit with my girlfriend was far from good. The restaurant needs a good clean for a start, but that was the least of our worries. Starters of bhaji and pakora (potato in batter) tasted stale and re-fried and the rice and dried up naan bread looked as if they had been out a long time. All the curries were watery with little flavour and bulked out with over cooked potato. Didn't even go near the 'creamy' veggie korma that looked like cabbage, curdled milk and yet more potato. The staff brought us our drinks, but that was about that. We went supposedly during the 'happy' hour advertised on the sign but still got charged full price. Fine, it is cheap, but don't advertise one price and charge another. We couldn't be bothered to argue as we just wanted to get out.

I have had plenty of home cooked vegetarian curry at Indian friends' parents' houses and this ain't it. Avoid.

4  Thank Al M
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Can't understand any bad reviews! I'm a meat eater yet the best curries I ever had! Thankyou great choice clean, and a bargain

2  Thank Conrad B