“Another suberb meal”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We visit Brighton about 5 times a year and every time our visit is worked round meal time either lunch or dinner. We always go to Casa Don Carlos having been introduced to the venue about eight years ago by friends. Since then we have introduced a number of other people there. As always we were not disappointed. The food is very tasty and full of flavour and the staff are friendly and helpful.
Would not hesitate to recommend it but I would definitely suggest ringing and booking a table. They frequently have to turn people away at the door because of the popularity.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is the real deal.

My partner has an apartment in Spain and we go over quite often, as a result we know and love authentic Spanish food. There is plenty of 'Tapas' in the UK that is very plain & underwhelming.

The Casa Don Carlos is very real, with a great atmosphere, vibrant, enthusiastic staff and a fantastic menu.

We ordered 2 dishes each [there were 7 of us] and thought it would be a 'first round' and we would add a few more. No need for that, we struggled to finish the ones we had.

The tastes were really fantastic, the service was warm and friendly and the price was quite reasonable.

I think you'll enjoy going to La Casa.

Ir a la Casa Don Carlos para una comida realmente genial.!

1  Thank Antietam54
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

I love Casa Don Carlos, it's an inimitable icon of Brighton. All Brightonians know it, most love it, tourists think they've found a gem off the beaten track. I've spent great deal of my birthdays, anniversaries, family occasions here, and my husband took me here to propose to me two years ago. We have never been disappointed. Sure, sometimes you are crammed in a corner against a wall, sometimes your waiter is (apologetically) flustered and busy, sometimes it's so noisy you have to raise your voice to be heard, but have you ever been to a Pinxto or tapas bar in Barcelona. Madrid or Almeria? This is authentic. Go here, make memories, tell your friends. On Saturday I celebrated my 30th here and I just hope this restaurant is still around for me to celebrate my 40th.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Always busy and lively. The food is wonderful, you are unlikely to get better than this outside Spain. There is quite a variation in portion sizes; paella is very generous. Our bill came to just under £60 for 4 of us, excluding service and including one drink each. We left very full and unable to eat all the food. Very good value. The waiter offered us a jug of water, which I always like. Extremely well run restaurant, excellent, friendly service even when it is very busy; the team of staff work really well together (no doubt partly due to very low staff turn over). We were particularly impressed by management's handling of a group of excessively loud women, which was sorted quickly and discretely. I give this restaurant top marks!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This wonderful gem is hidden in the Laines, with a wonderful selection of tapas. Lovely staff, but book or get there early as it gets packed.