“Loved it”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Casa Don Carlos is a popular Spanish restaurant in Brighton, so it is often very crowded, but since the atmosphere is lively I didn't mind the noise. The food is very good: of course we had a lot of different tapas and they all tasted ok, and also the main dishes were good. The waiters are nice and polite, but they could also be friendly.
I think that when I come back to Brighton I could eat at Don Carlos agains: maybe you might want to eat somewhere else if you don't like noise and confusion, but if you don't mind you could enjoy a great Spanish lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is one of my favourite restaurants in Brighton. Not only is the food really great but the atmosphere just transports you to Spain in an instant! I forget that I'm in England, which is a good thing on a grey wintery day. Lovely staff and great music too!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

been eating here for over 15 years now. Always good. Great atmosphere. This is real tapas; not the anglicized stuff offered by la tasca and other chains. Quality is consistently good; service excellent and prices are really reasonable. For example, olives, bread, 7 tapas (inc daily specials), Estrella beers and a bottle of excellent house rioja £65 inc tip! We couldn't eat another mouthful. Very reasonable indeed. All tastes are catered for: meat, chicken, seafood, sides are all freshly prepared and really tasty. For a day "trip" to Spain (especially on a wet winter Uk day) look no further!.We know of no better tapas bar in the UK.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Food was quite simply superb. The olives were nothing short of amazing. The only item I could fault was the bread. Whilst fresh it would have been great to have something a little more inspiring. However this does not stop me from saying this is among the best restaurant food I have had.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Have visited a few times for lunch and went for dinner last night. Great atmosphere, friendly service and good food, which was well cooked. Would have been top marks but only little gripe was about the quality of the bread.