“Quirky little gem in Kemptown!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snooze

Snooze
Ranked #12 of 98 Brighton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Quirky little gem in Kemptown!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2015

What can I say about Snooze Guesthouse? Nothing bad whatsoever! Absolutely loved this place and it is such good value for money!

Received a lovely courtesy call from Snooze on the morning of the day of my arrival, asking when I'd be arriving to make sure there'd be someone around to let me in and give me the keys to my room.

Myself and my partner booked a night here last minute as we needed somewhere to stay for the Brighton Music Conference, and after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor I can safely say that Snooze lives well up to expectations!

The breakfast/lobby area is lovely (unfortunately we weren't up early enough to have the complimentary breakfast!), and just as quirky and lovely as the room.

Our room was spotlessly clean, including the bathroom and was very cosy (not in the small way, it was a great size for us as a couple!). There was also a stick of Snooze rock and a pack of Lovehearts on the bed when I arrived which I thought was a cute touch. The decor is lovely (all the rooms are different!) and you can tell that the owners have really poured their hearts and souls into the place.

There was also a kettle, lovely selection of teas, including herbals, coffees and biscuits, as well as a TV with a DVD player (they have DVDs for you to choose from downstairs in the breakfast room if you don't have your own), a DAB digital radio with an ipod/iphone dock.

The owners/managers are so friendly as well and will always help you out if you need it. There is a lovely booklet in the room which tells the history of the current owners' work with the guesthouse, instructions for the TV/radio and courtesy/noise guidelines as well as recommendations for good cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs in the local area, which I felt was very thoughtful.

The sea front is 5 minutes walk away, with Brighton Pier being about 10 minutes, and The Lanes etc only a 10-15 minute walk down St James' Street which also has plenty of bars, cafes, pubs and restaurants.

My only regret is that we didn't book a second night... We will definitely be returning to Snooze next time we visit Brighton, in fact I don't think we'd stay anywhere else! Thanks to the owners and hope to see you again in the near future!

• Stayed June 2015, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank LKay865

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night as we came down for the Brighton Fringe. We had a suite on the top floor.. great sized room and wonderfully kitsch decor.. shag pile carpet and leopard prints. Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spotless.

The owners phoned us before we arrived to check if needed parking. We we're able to park in front of the hotel.. but was a squeeze.. and it cost 10 pounds for 24 hours.

They couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was very good and hearty.

Stayed May 2015, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2015

I was taken to Brighton as a birthday treat and did not know where we would be staying. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Snooze, with it's trendy retro decor in a classic Victorian terrace.
We were lucky to have one of the suites on the top floor which was fantastic. Very spacious and with everything you might need during the stay.
Breakfast was delicious, which you can even enjoy in bed. The sea is a couple of minutes away and the town center is not much further.
I would definitely recommend this B&B, and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms 71 and 72 are extremely luxurious and large.
      Rooms
1 Thank Lauren A
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2015

simply wonderful b and b this. Cool and funky, but also cozy and very relaxing place to be. Great breakfasts, fantastic owners. I went with my pregnant daughter, so was faced with lugging all our luggage, but Tony, one of the owners, took charge of that, which I was very grateful for. They have thought of everything….great beds, showers, decaff coffee in the rooms as well as ordinary, herb teas, lovely bedding, towels. Everything was incredibly clean too. Their restaurant recommendations in their info folder were good too. I can thoroughly recommend a visit to 24 st georges, only a five minute walk and really good restaurant.
My daughter in law had her hen do party stay here on our recommendation, and they loved it. They have it right.

Room Tip: we had 4 and 5, both great rooms. 4 gets warmer as the sun shines on it more of the day.
  • Stayed April 2015, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank oysterwoman
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2015

2 night midweek break and we cannot fault Snooze. Fab retro rooms, breakfast in bed at no extra charge was very much appreciated after a late night. Easy stroll to best of Brighton.
Would highly recommend a suite.
Thanks guys. John and Deb

Room Tip: 72 is very cool and retro. Loads of space and hidden storage
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2015

I have just returned from a stay at Snooze with my husband, which he treated me to for my birthday. After looking at the hotels in Brighton through this and another website, we came across this fab place, which looked really quirky which is what I like. The day before we came we had a phone call to check whether we needed help with anything, if we knew where they were and how we were going to get there, which I thought was a lovely touch. We managed to find a parking space outside of the hotel which was great as it meant once parked we could leave it there for the rest of our stay. Parking is £9 for 24 hours. On the day of arrival we arrived a little earlier than planned but we were allowed in our room straight away. We were helped upstairs with my ridiculously heavy suitcase being carried for me. When we got in the room which we chose room 7, I knew I would love it straight away, it was quirky - Bollywood meets hippy fabulous, who knew so many colours could go so well together. The carpet was amazingly soft and they had even left some love hearts and a stick of rock for us. Another lovely touch though which I really appreciated, is that they left us some hot chocolate in the room, which I was really impressed with as I have a cup every night and don't drink any other hot drinks. They had DVDS that you can borrow to watch, although we didn't do this as we had our time planned out. The breakfast was really nice too and cooked great, we both had cooked breakfasts both days. It is situated in Kemptown, a couple of minutes walk from the sea front, with some fab places by it, including a flea market shop and Metrodeco - a fabulous café. What I loved also about this place is that you can go on the website, look at the rooms and choose one which you like.

1 Thank suitcasetraveller
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2015

Loved this place. We stayed in room 6 and I just have one little niggle about that. It was advertised as a Victorian Boudoir style of room, with old gold-framed pictures of Victorian ladies and prints on the wall and a chesterfield style chair in the window - all in deep red décor. Sadly, even though we had to pay up front, by the time we came to stay the walls had been decorated in a deep red/purple - in fact the smell of paint was a little overpowering. There were no pictures on the wall at all and the second mirror had gone. The chair had been replaced by two white 60's style chairs and the old wall lights replaced with 60's style ones. No telephone on the wall. Very different to the website. Carpet seemed nice and new though!

I booked this room for myself and my hubby because of its décor and style, so it was really disappointing to say the least. If we had wanted a mix of Victorian and 60's, we would have booked that. There was no mention of it at all when we checked in and were shown to our room either. I do feel that if you have to pay up front, you should get what you pay for - especially if the rooms are specifically marketed a certain way. As the room had changed, it might have been a nice gesture to pre-empt our feelings by mentioning it beforehand.

That said, the guys were very friendly and it had good amenities and a fabulous breakfast. The overall design is great! Perfect location too as close enough to be able to walk to everything but nice and quiet.

A lovely place and would definitely recommend it - just a bit of a shame we didn't get the room we really wanted - having paid for it.

Room Tip: Room 6 appears to have changed from the website
  • Stayed March 2015, travelled as a couple