“Nothing to fault”

Ranked #7 of 97 Brighton B&B and Inns
Brackley, United Kingdom
“Nothing to fault”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Great location,Friendly informative staff,Very clean and tidy.Well worth a visit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank owan2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

I can only agree with all of the positive points in the reviews posted so far and to write a full review would simply be repetition.

I thought I'd just mention the 'Cosy Room'. We booked this room as it was the only vacancy remaining. It's dimensions are clearly indicated on their website and you are reminded when you check in but don't be put off by it's size. For two people staying for the weekend it is big enough and certainly not cramped (I've stayed in much smaller double rooms). The shower cubicle is a little snug but like the rest of the room it's spotless and taking everything into account it would be very harsh to mark it down just for that.

I'd imagine that this is just about as good as it gets where B&Bs are concerned and it thoroughly deserves it's high rating. I just hope it's not too popular when I decide to visit Brighton again.

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

When you think of a small B&B in Brighton your expectation asn't very high, or rather mine wasn't. I was really surprised and taken aback and wanted to share my experience.

Mary & Ramola - Great, warm friendly with fantastic knowledge of the area.
Breakfast - Probably in my top 5 ever. Quality bacon, good bread, perfectly poached eggs and a sausage to return for (well it is Brighton).
Room - Cosy, clean, fresh, vibrant, white room toiletries
Parking - Taken care of with guest vouchers.

I would 100% stay there again.

Room Tip: Look on the website they are all shown.
Stratford upon Avon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We are so glad that we booked One Broad Street - what a gem of a guest house ! It was my birthday and our first visit to Brighton and everything was perfect from the sorting out of parking permits by Ramola to the wonderful breakfasts, from the superb location to 2 wonderful nights' sleep in our immaculate room. We will definitely return and have already told our friends and family all about One Broad Street.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

This was our second visit to One Broad Street, and it was an even more spectacular experience than our last time! The extremely high standard of the breakfast (both the quality of ingredients and the cooking!) was highlighted even more by the fact that we stayed in a hotel in London the following night and there was no basis for comparison.
The room was a different one to our last visit, but again spotlessly clean and with lovely touches (complimenatary chocolate, water and toileteries). To top everything, we got engaged during our visit and Ramola and Mary very kindly left us a bottle of bubbly and a card in our room, which was very typical of their kindness and the type of personal touch which makes this the only place we would stay in Brighton! Great location, fabulous facilities and excellent hosts. If there were more than 5 stars, they could have them!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L0UL0U2525
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Just returned from a wonderful stay in Brighton at One Broad Street. It was a special occasion for us and Mary & Ramola, who are very friendly hosts, made it extra special with chocs & a card - quite unexpected. The place is spotless and beautifully decorated. The location is central. And the breakfast was fabulous! Thanks for a great time. Rachel & Dom x

1 Thank fred9691
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I had thought of booking a different B&B in Brighton, but the reviews on Tripadvisor changed my mind and then I found One Broad Street on there and with No Poor or Terrible reviews I knew this would be a good place, I got a little apprehensive when there were very few travellers photo's as I use them as my guide, then when we entered our room it was easy to see why, the room looked EXACTLY as it does on the Website.
We arrived a lot early than anticipated, but thought we would try the bell, we were welcomed by Ramola and given a quick rundown of the B&B, Breakfast is only served between certain times which you are advised of the previous night. there were earplugs supplied due to the noise in the area (my partner and I have no problem sleeping with traffic and some street noise, but we are talking about people on the street being extremely loud), being pre-warned was appreciated. The room was Perfect, it was clean, spacious, modern and had high quality linen and toiletries, it was also the only place we have ever stayed in that had 2 fold out suitcase holders, the sitting area came in very handy and the free WiFi was appreciated, it was also the only place we stayed with a bar fridge. The fact that the B&B is just 2 doors down and across the road to the Beach and Pier was another reason I booked One Broad street. Mary and Ramola as previously advised in other reviews are really wonderful hosts and made us feel very welcome. We will be back

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple