“A genuine warm welcome”

One Broad Street Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We only stayed for one night at this fab boutique guesthouse but it really impressed in every way - we received a very warm welcome from Ramola who gave us a thorough guided tour of our superb room as well as v helpful directions to park locally. The room and ensuite were beautifully appointed and exceptionally clean. Our breakfast was the best of a full English using locally sourced ingredients and served in the lovely breakfast room by Mary with a smile and friendly conversation. Ultimate attention to detail and wonderfully located for everything in Brighton I would not hesitate to recommend this as a place to stay. Thank you Ramola and Mary!

1  Thank StephJD13
There are newer reviews for One Broad Street Guesthouse

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I booked this B&B based on excellent reviews I had seen on here... and I wasn't disappointed!
Excellent hosts, very well organised, great brekkie, fab room. And I have to say, the CLEANEST b&b I think I have ever stayed in. I will definatley recommend it to others and if I am ever in Brightonn again, would have no hesitation as to where to stay. Thanks Ramola and Mary for a great stay :)

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Just returned from 3 great days in Brighton we enjoyed the eclectic mix offered there particularly the veggie restaurants.
The stay was enhanced by staying at this lovely 'Boutique' hotel. From the moment the door was opened by Ramola it was obvious we had made a good choice. Her welcome was genuine without being too fussy.
After booking in she gave us a map and pinpointed the places and restaurants we wanted to eat in- so helpful
We were taken to our room which was lovely and in pristine condition as was the whole of the hotel.
At breakfast we were greeted by Mary in the same friendly manner -this was the same every morning. There was a good choice of food particularly as one of us is a vegetarian I particularly like the Ramola special!
Would recommend 1 Broad Street to anyone and this is from a person who professionally has had to investigate complaints about hotels in the past
Thanks to Ramola and Mary and hope to see you again in the futue

Room Tip: You have to accept Brighton is a noisy place and the room we had did suffer a bit although I slept w...
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Fabulous little hotel/B&B in a great location, just steps from the pier and seafront, and minutes from shopping, tourism and work. My room, number 7, was small (as described) but perfectly formed - spotlessly clean with simple, fresh design that made it comfortable and relaxing.
The bed and bedding were comfortable, the shower was good with white company shower gel and shampoo, and there was a little desk and chair which were perfect for doing a bit of work.
At night the double glazing very effectively shut out any noise from the local bars and revellers.
Ramola and Mary were welcoming and accommodating, and their breakfast was an absolute guilty pleasure - traditional English, but all with locally sourced product, which ticks all of my boxes.
Would I recommend it or stay again? - you bet I would!

Room Tip: Room 7 was spot on for 1 person - small but perfectly formed. No view of the seafront.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Everything about this place is really good. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful with excellent recommendations for restaurants. No question about recommending this to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Ramola and Mary make everything to feel comfortable:
the rooms are lovely and clean, breakfast is marvellous, freshly made on order.
They are helpful whatever happens, even with problems at the computer for checking in for the flight.
The atmosphere and the location of the place is perfect.
I hope to come back more often for specially relaxing days.
Luise

Room Tip: Several rooms I experienced are nice, the road is quiet, no through traffic
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Very much enjoyed staying here, marvellous hosts, great breakfasts and lovely relaxing, clean rooms. A great escape from London for the weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple