“The biggest portions in Brighton”
Review of Casalingo

Casalingo
Ranked #15 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$7 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Friendly & relaxed family run Italian Restaurant with authentic northern Italian cuisine
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We dined at 7.30 and the restaurant was fairly quiet at first but quickly busied up. The service was excellent. They filled up our water without asking and made sure we were comfy and well looked after. For starters we shared a lovely plate if fried prawns, calamari and white bait which was fresh and delicious plus a dish of snails which I personally wasn't keen on but they were fun to try. For mains I had a Sardinian sausage linguine and the portion was immense. It was yummy but I simply couldn't finish it. Other members ordered the Meatballs with tagliatelle and the clam pasta and although they all enjoyed their meal they too found it impossible to finish. Somehow we managed to find room to squeeze in a dessert to share, Banofi pie. It was again a generous portion and one of the better Banofis I've tried as it wasn't overly sweet. The only slight problem was that they added a 10% service charge which was off putting as we were going to tip more anyway but all in all it was a great authentic Italian restaurant that I would heartily recommend though by the end you are guaranteed to feel like you will never want to eat again!

There are newer reviews for Casalingo

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We first visited last February and we were so impressed booked for a family group in May. We were not disappointed, the food was amazing, fresh & tasty & the staff were friendly & efficient. There were 28 of us plus 2 kids and the food all arrived at the same time and was gorgeous! I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant and will definitely be back, the next time we're in Brighton!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for somewhere to eat and stumbled upon Casalingo and we weren't disappointed.

The staff made us very welcome and the food was well prepared and very nice..

After the main course the manager recommended a desert which was very nice..

As we were about to pay our bill the manager offered my girlfriend Anita and myself a drink on the house.

We will be back there again when in Brighton.

1  Thank Davetherave13
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had a wonderful meal here during our first trip to Brighton. Food was truly delicious, fresh and clearly prepared with great attention to presentation and flavour. Another plus was the well priced and very drinkable house red! The restaurant is simple and stylish with a friendly informal atmosphere and a modern Italian vibe. Really enjoyed chatting (in my less than perfect Italian) with the charming owner who still seems full of enthusiasm even after many years in the business. Will definitely return if in Brighton again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

1st night in Brighton and this was a good find. Very good food, central location. Service was good. Razor clams special was excellent. Several things on menu I would have been happy to order. Had the casalingo chicken which was great. It was very busy for a Monday night which is a good sign.