“Great service, friendly management, fab breakfast!”

Marine View Hotel Brighton
Ranked #58 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect- right by the sea and a leisurely stroll from the shops.

The staff and management were attentive and friendly, ensuring everything was comfortable and to our satisfaction.

The bed was great for my bad back- comfy and firm.

Breakfast was lovely, a traditional full English with plenty of fresh toast, tea, coffee, pure juices, cereal and yoghurts too.

Will be returning for our annual Brighton break.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Chimesy
There are newer reviews for Marine View Hotel Brighton

Reviewed 22 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marine View for 1 night on 19th February via Groupon. Richard, the manager and his staff were very welcoming and accommodating. We were a little apprehensive having read a recent review about room number 1 and we were given the key to stay in room 1 when we checked in! Yes, the room is basic but extremely clean and everything you need really for a reasonably priced 1 night stay. TV reception didn't really work but we advised Richard this when we checked out and I'm sure it will be fine now. Location couldn't be better although, due to sunny weather and half term, we couldn't park along the front for £5 for 24 hours (outside the hotel is £20 for a day). We parked on Freshfield Road which is about a 15 minute walk away on a hill. Breakfast was very good and we were offered more if we wanted it. All in all we would recommend the Marine View and would stay again. Don't expect anything flash but if want a perfect location and a comfy bed then go to this hotel.

2  Thank Debbie503820
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I went to Brighton with my girldfriend for a short trip and I should say that we were so lucky to choose Marine View Hotel as a place to stay. The room was not so big but very comfortable, clean and cozy. The sevice was wonderfull, with the friendliest and the most helpful staff we have ever met. Breakfast was included in the price and it was very nice as well, with a wide range of products. It was our first visit to Brighton and I recommend this city to everyone who wants to see the brightest face of England and, definitely, if you decide to stay in this hotel you can be sure that you will never regret it. Thank you again to Richard and María for the warm treatment we received.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 19 February 2013

After staying in a variety of hotels in Brighton over the last month, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that marine view offers the best variety and service- BY A MILE!

I had a horror story at the royal albion and impersonal service at another very drab bnb so was slightly dreading coming back. Richard, Maria and the rest of the marine view team have made me feel so welcome and at home. I honestly can't thank them enough :)
It's super warm, clean, the breakfast is legendary!! Eggs cooked how you like them, beautifully seasoned tomatoes and toast that arrives hot. With real coffee!!!!

The lounge has books games and a juke box if you want to listen to music- all in all its a home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Littleblackrainbow
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My partner and I visited the Marine Hotel in Feb on a Groupon voucher which was a good deal. I had read some of the negative comments on here so came prepared. On arrival the manager was very welcoming and quite honest that he was aware of the recent negative feedback from some customers and their friends who are responsible for some of those negative reviews. Anyway the room was basic but what we expected, It was clean to a high standard which is the most important thing. There is heating and the manager showed us the heaters. Breakfast was good and you can see that the manager and his staff are really making the effort to make your stay enjoyable. Good basic hotel and well priced for the location. I would happily stay again.

2  Thank RonnieLock4
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at marina view hotel the staff were warm and welcoming. The room was cosey and clean. In cold February 2013 the room was warm and cosey. Me and my husband enjoyed our stay I am 23 weeks pregnant the bed was comfortable, the room was warm and quite I had a good sleep... Even though it is quite hare to get to a good position when you 32 weeks pregnant. I would like to say thank you for all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable. X

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nounou13-13
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I booked this hotel for a two night stay to celebrate my wedding anniversary.
The weekend experience was enhanced by the friendliness of the hotel staff, especially the owner. He advised us on many things, from cheap parking to where to find good clubs and restaurants.
The room was clean and of a reasonable size. The bathroom was also clean and well maintained.
Breakfast was served between 9am and 10am, a traditional full english, yummy! Cereal, fruit,yoghurts etc.. were also an option.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and return again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple