“A lovely stay”

Marine View Hotel Brighton
Ranked #62 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
“A lovely stay”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Just got back from a night away staying at the marine view hotel. What a great place. Definitely does not deserve some of the reviews that have been given. We stayed in room number 9 and was welcomed by a clean fresh room with modern decoration which was very nice and a pink tely which was a nice added touch. The bed was very comfortable I had a little problem at first with the shower but was sorted by putting it on medium flow not high. We were welcomed at breakfast the next morning by the owner who was very polite, friendly and chatty and we both had a lovely breakfast. We were given lots of options and I was even asked how I would like my eggs done which was a nice added touch. I would definitely stay here again! Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 6 March 2013

From outside this place looks nice.inside is dated,when to the room with a sea view balcony?? To see the sea u had to put your head out of the window,and for the balcony you had to climb out of the window.the room was so cold you might of well had the window open.the bathroom was so small and cold.stayed for 5 mins and went and checked in somewhere cheaper and a lot better.terrible place for £130 a night.I wouldn't pay £10 to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank Daffyduck3

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I travelled to Marine View with my mum, sister and daughter and was a little concerned about the hotel due to recent negative reviews. We were greeted by Richard who was happy for us to look at the rooms before we committed to staying there. The rooms were small and fairly basic but were clean and warm.
Breakfast was ok and always served with a friendly smile and the offer of more tea and toast if we wanted.
The hotel is not a hotel but a B & B, it is also in need of a refurbishment as it looks 'tired',

Overall we had a very pleasant stay at the Marie View. Richard and Maria were very welcoming and hospitable and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect- right by the sea and a leisurely stroll from the shops.

The staff and management were attentive and friendly, ensuring everything was comfortable and to our satisfaction.

The bed was great for my bad back- comfy and firm.

Breakfast was lovely, a traditional full English with plenty of fresh toast, tea, coffee, pure juices, cereal and yoghurts too.

Will be returning for our annual Brighton break.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Chimesy
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marine View for 1 night on 19th February via Groupon. Richard, the manager and his staff were very welcoming and accommodating. We were a little apprehensive having read a recent review about room number 1 and we were given the key to stay in room 1 when we checked in! Yes, the room is basic but extremely clean and everything you need really for a reasonably priced 1 night stay. TV reception didn't really work but we advised Richard this when we checked out and I'm sure it will be fine now. Location couldn't be better although, due to sunny weather and half term, we couldn't park along the front for £5 for 24 hours (outside the hotel is £20 for a day). We parked on Freshfield Road which is about a 15 minute walk away on a hill. Breakfast was very good and we were offered more if we wanted it. All in all we would recommend the Marine View and would stay again. Don't expect anything flash but if want a perfect location and a comfy bed then go to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie503820
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I went to Brighton with my girldfriend for a short trip and I should say that we were so lucky to choose Marine View Hotel as a place to stay. The room was not so big but very comfortable, clean and cozy. The sevice was wonderfull, with the friendliest and the most helpful staff we have ever met. Breakfast was included in the price and it was very nice as well, with a wide range of products. It was our first visit to Brighton and I recommend this city to everyone who wants to see the brightest face of England and, definitely, if you decide to stay in this hotel you can be sure that you will never regret it. Thank you again to Richard and María for the warm treatment we received.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David G
Reviewed 19 February 2013

After staying in a variety of hotels in Brighton over the last month, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that marine view offers the best variety and service- BY A MILE!

I had a horror story at the royal albion and impersonal service at another very drab bnb so was slightly dreading coming back. Richard, Maria and the rest of the marine view team have made me feel so welcome and at home. I honestly can't thank them enough :)
It's super warm, clean, the breakfast is legendary!! Eggs cooked how you like them, beautifully seasoned tomatoes and toast that arrives hot. With real coffee!!!!

The lounge has books games and a juke box if you want to listen to music- all in all its a home away from home.

• Stayed February 2013