“Fantastically friendly, great breakfasts, lovely rooms, great people.”
Review of Tower House 1066

Tower House 1066
Ranked #33 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I have just returned from a trip. The owners and staff at Tower House were super. Always gave that extra special something that makes a trip from good to fantastic. Lovely rooms, high standard of cleanliness, lovely conservatory for breakfast. Very good all round.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 July 2008

We stayed here for one night and wish it could have been more! This place is a hidden gem, me and my husband are hooked and now want to go to hastings just to stay in here! The place was so clean and the room was amazing and the breakfast was the best id ever had. Great owners, and our 4 month old daughter was very welcome and enjoyed the stay!!!

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 18 June 2008

I have stayed at Tower House 1066 on three occasions now, twice for business, and once with my family for a weekend. I can honestly say it is a great place for both the business traveller and leisure visitor.

The rooms are comfortable, beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and with all the facilities you could need.

Breakfast offers some pleasant choices, is beautifully cooked and served by cheerful, helpful staff.

Carol and Louise are perfect hosts managing to combine efficiency with friendliness and have a great sense of humour which adds to the pleasantness of the stay. They also have a good knowledge of the area which is very valuable if you have just arrived and need some pointers.

Staying as a lone female for work, the atmosphere is relaxed and easy so I can highly recommend it. The gardens and lounge and even the bar can be relaxed in with a paper and a drink should you not wish to go out into town alone.

For leisure it is an ideal base for a number of local attractions in addition to those offered by Hastings and the local shores. My family and I were made to feel very welcome and I look forward to taking them there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2008

I have twice stayed in the Tower House Hotel when on business in Hastings having been booked in by the orgainsiation I came to visit.

It is a real joy. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, the mattress is firm, Breakfast is served in a beautiful conservatory, the tables were decorated with sweet willams from their glorious garden where guests are welcome to sit and sip a glass of local wine from the honesty bar.

Carol and Louise are the perfect hosts. friendly helpful with real eye for detail. the breakfast was excellent on both occasions- generous portions of excellent quality local produce . my only regret is that I didn't pre order an evening meal, since I would love to sample Carol's cooking in more depth.

For the business traveller there is free wireless internet in most of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2007

40 years ago my wife & I met in Hastings and we returned for a romantic weekend. This hotel could not have been more helpful. Not only were there flowers and champagne in the four poster room but the staff had even sprinkled rose petals on the bed!!!
The service could not be faulted. Louise and Carol were friendliness personified and the "Sussex" breakfast (yum yum!!!)
We look forward to the next visit

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2007

Me and my partner stayed there a few days for our anniversary. beautiful room, spotlessly clean. The owners were more then lovely and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Honestly the stay in the hotel was almost as good as home!!
Don't miss their full english breakfast, it's the best we have ever had!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2007

We had a brillant time, lovely hotel, excellent home made food and very welcoming hosts, plus adorable cats. Don't miss the
full english breakfast in the morning, the best we've had!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple