“A home away from home”

Phoenix Guest House
Ranked #12 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I live in London but have been working in Hastings Monday-Wednesday for the past six months and have stayed at The Phoenix for 2 nights/week. I think I have stayed in every room and can safely say that they are all absolutely lovely. Spotlessly clean, cosy, warm, really comfy beds, wifi, a fridge, all en-suite bathrooms - extremely good value for money.

Staying at the Phoenix has really made my time in Hastings feel a bit like a holiday rather than work! I cannot thank Victoria and Ed enough. They have been so friendly and helpful - just absolute stars. Please keep doing exactly what you are doing. I have recommended The Phoenix to all my family, friends and colleagues. If I ever find myself back in Hastings I will certainly be staying at The Phoenix.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely - I was never disturbed by noise (even at the front it is quiet).
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JennyHorne

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have just returned from a 1 night stay here and it was perfect. On arrival we were greeted by the owners and given info on the area very helpful and friendly,we were shown to our room and it was so clean, was exactly how it looked on website. Comfy bed,spotless bathroom no complaints at all, wish we stayed longer! we would return here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spurschic
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking to escape London and get some fresh sea air. We wanted to keep spend to a minimum and believe we found the perfect place! The room and en suite were spotless and modern, with a very comfortable bed, which was much appreciated after a long, cold, wet day of walking. Victoria the owner text me to check when we were arriving and we got to drop our bags off early before heading on our walk. I thought that was great service and then she took time to show us the best places to visit on a map, which we got to keep, recommending pubs, cafes, restaurants and walking routes. Very helpful!! It is located a few minutes walk from the station, which steered our decision to get the train instead of driving and it's also an easy walking distance to the shops. We only stayed the one night but it was lovely and couldn't have asked for better. Extremely good value for money! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank rhsexton87
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent 3 weeks in Malaysia and sometimes paid 100 euros for a scruffy pace. Here it is clean, clean, and clean. You have more than you paid. Really don't hesitate to come here. They answer emails! Car parking. And close to the centre! Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eve T
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have stayed here on two previous occasions and i am returning for a third visit. The owners are wonderfully accomodating highlighting the main attactions and offering helpful advice (even providing soya milk for my mother in the mini firdge in the bedroom!) the rooms are well appointed , cosy and inviting and it is only a short stroll from both the train station and the 'Old town'. Gorgeous hot shower , tea making facilities and a mini fridge, There are a number of small cafes nearby where one can hae breakfast. We will keep returning for the wonderful hospitality......

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sile H
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My first time in B&B style accommodation with bed only. But it is what it says - a guest house with 20+ cafes nearby where you can happily choose what you want for breakfast and when. 2 minutes walk from the train station, a warm welcome, helpful tourist advice, a spotless comfy room, tea and coffee tray in the room, a fan (very handy!) and speedy wi-fi. Prepaid 2 nights. Leave your keys on vacating. EASY. Good price. Top marks deserved

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Glenn S
Reviewed 10 August 2013

my two teenage daughters and I have just spent 4 nights at this guest house and we loved it! we had the top room(s). I booked this after reading other reviews and so glad I did. The place is absolutely immaculate ( I'm a cleaner and can spot a smear of dirt a mile off!) more spacious than I thought it would be, with T.V s and dvd players in both rooms, internet, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and fridge - as they don't serve breakfast the fridge was perfect. before booking I did wonder if breakfast would be an issue, but decided it would be nice not to have to be up at a certain time to catch breakfast, and there are plenty of good cafes nearby.
the owners are very helpful ( we booked in early) and very nice people. There when you need them but also slip into the background when not needed.( in the nicest possible sense!)
all in all, a lovely place to stay - if we return to hastings, I doubt we will stay any where else - it'll be hard to top this.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family