“Just the kind of tea room/cafe you hope to find at the seaside.”
Review of Aardvark Tea Room and Gallery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aardvark Tea Room and Gallery
Staines
“Just the kind of tea room/cafe you hope to find at the seaside.”
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We arrived at the post office tea rooms, which is what the aardvark tea rooms are now known as and were not disappointed, a lovely warm welcome and great food, my husband had buttered kippers on toast and pronounced them delicious, I had their winter veg soup and organic bread which was absolutely lovely, we shared a very moist and really orangey, orange cake, overall it was a lovely lunch, served in a delightful little cafe which I would actually visit St Leonards for.

2 Thank kelvineStaines

Hastings, United Kingdom
“Cute!”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Small but perfectly formed, serves gluten free bread and cakes, and locally sourced produce

ST LEONARDS-ON-SEA
“Tasty food and a great place to escape by the sea”
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I love their style of decor very original. The food and cakes are great but the crumpets are the best yum! If you on your own you can feel very welcomed and comfortable.

Proud to be St. Leonards on Sea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Most Magical Eaterie and Craft Emporium in St. Leonards on Sea”
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I LOVE Aardvark! I LOVE Aardvark SO much that I am there more or less everyday. They have delectable homemade cakes - always something gluten-free, vegan and sugar/fat free if you are feeling health conscious. They make wonderful warming soups and the conversation is unrivalled in the northern hemisphere.

Their wares are always surprising and unusual and the proprietors Lesley and Pea have quite exceptional good taste. All the crafts, arts and bits and bobs that they sell are made using recycled, upcycled, reused materials and are made by people that they know personally and most likely in East Sussex.

I'm fairly sure Aardvark is situated on a benevolent ley line of some description because I have met wonderfully interesting people in there and very often we'll have some weird thing in common.

GO!

Sarah Janes

1 Thank hoopoeupupa
london
“great crumpet(s) and a really good muffin!!”
Reviewed 9 February 2009

A fabulous funky tea room! Much needed in the area. Home made food, original gifts and great company. Wish I had such a brilliant 'local' where I live.

Well done girls. Keep it up!!

2 Thank gringo13