“Been many times - Great experience everytime”

Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
“Been many times - Great experience everytime”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have been to this hotel 5/6 times over the past 3 years. I have never been to this hotel as a spa break, only as a hotel stay. The rooms have been great every time and i recommend requesting a room in the new block. Breakfast was amazing! Staff are very accommodating and friendly

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer block are quiet and less noisy, garden facing is lovely but front is fine as you...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haych64
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Haych64,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you have returned to Bannatyne Spa Hotel again.

I will relay your kind comments to the whole team. We are also very pleased that you find our rooms in great order and had an amazing breakfast.

On behalf of myself and the accommodating, friendly team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Jamieson Berriman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Decided to treat my girlfriend to a weekend away after recommendations from a couple of my friends who had also visited. I was not disappointed.

I booked a two night stay that included an hours massage at the spa and a meal on one night and afternoon tea one afternoon. I was very pleased to have received a free upgrade on arrival!

The room was very large, clean and well decorated. The bed was massive and so comfy!

The food was so good that we decided against venturing into Battle on our second night and opted to eat in the hotel again! They also have a good wine selection. It is a good job you get access to the gym as we took full advantage of the breakfasts both mornings which were also very good. (Continental and cooked options available. )

Spa and gym facilities are very good as you would expect from the Bannatyne brand.

I was a little wary of the staff at first as they all appeared to be very young and jumping to conclusions too quickly I worried they would be inexperienced; I couldn't have been more wrong. The staff are exceptionally friendly and polite are so helpful and can't do enough for you. They treated us like we were the only ones in the hotel. All the staff had a great manner and are a credit to the hotel.

Highly recommend and will be visiting again soon!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Bill M,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted a friend recommended you stay at the Hotel and that you were not disappointed.

I will relay your kind comments to the whole team, at both the Hotel and Spa. I was pleased that you stayed two nights and enjoyed breakfast and dinner, taking full advantage of our offerings.

On behalf of myself and the exceptionally friendly and polite team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed here for the first time, went on a girls weekend, had a voucher to use so decided to go to Hastings, well.... This is not a spa hotel but a hotel with a gym and small spa area attached which is in another building across the car park, the pool was cold, the "HOT Tub" was not hot, was luke warm, there was only 2 sun loungers available to use in the entire pool area which i thought was disgraceful, the "spa" facilities is very minimal, my friend had a pedicure and was not done 100% after coming out of a "Luke warm" hot tub, decided to head back to the hotel, it was very cold out, got back to find no hot water, in this weather, to say we were annoyed is an understatement, the lady at the desk apologised and said it was now fixed, after cold showers, the morning after the water was even worse, so again no hot water, we complained and the only thing they could do was offer a £20 discount, still £100 for the room, was not worth it at all, the only really good thing about this hotel was the food. The staff were friendly, just a shame about everything else. I would not recommend this "spa" hotel, i certainly will not be coming back, all we felt like we were doing was complaining and not enjoying our time away....

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank LaurenN83
Dear LauranN83,

Thank you for placing comments on Trip Advisor. We were pleased that you stayed at the Spa Hotel on a girls weekend, but it was a shame that you titled the comments in that way as most of our guests enjoy the hotel and its great spa facilities.

As our website states, the Spa and Health Club facilities are located a short walk away from the Hotel. I have passed on your comments to the Club manager regarding the Spa and your experience.

As mentioned there was an issue with the hot water, which was outside of my control. However this is now fully resolved and will not reoccur.

I was very pleased to hear that the food was good and the staff were friendly. I am glad that we were able to discuss your complaint and I was able to apologise personally on your departure.

On behalf of myself and the team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, we do hope that you will change your opinion on the property and return sometime soon.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Let's start at the very beginning...room 9 was loud, positioned over the kitchen extractor fan, why would anyone pay for the room. I refused it and was moved to room 6. Guess what? This room is above reception and so you can't sleep after 7 am when people arrive, clock in for a shift or deliver things or even hoover. Not sure what areas they do hoover though as the stairs up to our room were dirty for the entire 2 night stay, a disgusting way to run a hotel. The floor in the breakfast area was also dirty and although staff are friendly, dropping stuff and shoving towels up against doors so it doesn't rain in was embarrassing to witness! This hotel is not a spa hotel, it is a hotel next to a leisure centre. When you get to poolside take care because there are only 2, yes 2, loungers available. Hardly a 4star spa experience I was expecting based on the owner's reputation. Both loungers are placed outside the steam and sauna rooms so it doesn't take a genius to consider the health and safety issues let alone the fact that it is literally impossible to relax. It is not a spa hotel. It is not clean, check the furniture, had to brush crumbs off chairs to sit on and clean the tables. It is not luxurious. It was disappointing and can't be recommended.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank beeChelmsford
Dear beeChelmsford,

I am glad you stayed at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel between Christmas and New Year and that you found the staff so friendly.

As our website clearly states, the Spa and Health Club facilities are located a short walk away from the Hotel. Please be assured most of our guests enjoy our great hotel and spa and superb facilities that are on offer.

We have a very hard working housekeeping department, who’s high standards are often expressed within Trip Advisor postings.

As a dedicated hotel manager, I disagree with your opinion on the way the hotel is run. I did personally apologise on check out for the disturbance you experienced and my apologies were accepted. I have also written directly to you to express my apologies.

On behalf of myself and the team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel we do hope that you will change you opinion and return soon.

Hastings
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was my 4th time of visiting for lunch. Really lovely venue and the portions are very generous. Haven't stayed in the hotel, but would love to as it looks so warm and freindly. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JuBHastings,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you have visited us for lunch for 4th time and that you mentioned our lovely venue.

I will pass on your comments to the whole team, that you found the staff very friendly and helpful.

On behalf of myself and the team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, we thank you in advance for recommending the Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just had another stay at this Hotel and the food was good and the Staff as always very,very good.A young lady waitress has come on leaps and bounds and is now head waitress her name is Steph .There were loads of staff at the Party in the Montgomery suite.And there were a huge amount of folk there But the meal was Hot,prompt,tasty and the service was very slick and profesional..For my friend and I the only down side was the volume on the singers backing tracks whilst eating our food,It made it very hard to have a conversation with people at the table. The GM Jamieson made a point of going around all the tables at breakfast to ask if we had a good time. This Hotel is getting better all the time. The staff make all the difference and I now think that it has overtaken the Bannatynes at Darlington.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PrilaH
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear PrilaH,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you stayed at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel over the New Year Celebrations.

I will pass on your comments to the Steph and the team, that you found the service to be very slick and professional.

On behalf of myself and the team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We booked 5 suites for a short overnight break over Christmas. So glad we did. From the moment we arrived (with excellent and efficient reception staff), to the time we left we were so well looked after by all of the team there. The General Manager Jamieson Berriman seemed to be on duty 24hrs a day and was not afraid to get stuck in and help his staff with laying tables or serving meals. A true asset to the hotel..... nothing was too much trouble. We had booked a high tea on arrival and this was beautifully presented and very tasty. The Christmas Fayre dinner was excellent and all of our party enjoyed their meals, not an easy task to achieve. All of the food was served by Stephanie and her team who were all friendly and yet professional. Breakfast the next morning was another success story with plently of choice and very tasty too.

This hotel has ticked all of the boxes for us. Beautifully presented rooms, lovely helpful staff, good food and very reasonable prices for the standard received. We will definitely be back. Thank you Bannantyne Spa Hotel for giving us a memorable Christmas.

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra and upgarde to a Superior suite. Well worth it. We can recommend Room 20.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Zimbo-Jono,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you stayed at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel with your family over Christmas.

I will pass on your comments to the whole team, that you found them all to be fantastic and professional. I was delighted that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the quality service standards and food provided.

Jamieson Berriman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
Travelodge Hastings
#5 of 11 in Hastings
Claverton Country House Hotel

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!