“Lovely hotel good facilities room 23 12/5/14” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
warwickshire
“Lovely hotel good facilities room 23 12/5/14”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed for one night , the room was lovely , bathroom and little products exceptional.
I had a beautiful view of the rear gardens which were really well kept, lots of lovely loungers to snuggle on ( if on a romantic break) the reception staff were friendly and helpful . As we're the restaurant staff .

The spa/ gym is not attached to the hotel but takes about 30 seconds to walk to and is impressive , fantastic facilities for a hotel . This is a membership gym for local people. It has a huge gym with lots if equipment, the wet area has a gorgeous jacuzzi , steam, sauna and pool,and to top that two jacuzzis outside on the patio area.

The food was also very nice in the evening , good selection, fillet steak was an extra but very nice . Breakfast again lots if choice and fresh .

Would recommend for a romantic weekend and would imagine it is a popular wedding venue locally.

All in all I would return if I was in the area and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the main house rather than the small side add on . All rooms would be qu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear susan1warwickshire,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you found your room lovely and had beautiful views of the grounds.

I am pleased that you were able to snuggle on our lovely loungers, and found our team friendly and helpful. Thank you in advance for recommending the Hotel and Spa.

On behalf of myself and team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Jamieson Berriman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just returned from a short beak at this hotel. Very nice, really lovely. Thoughrilly recommed it. We had a lovely room overlooking the front of the hotel. Spent a lovely evening strolling the gardens and sitting on the lovely garden furnoture. Staff are really nice and very helpfull.
There are juts some small teeks needed:- Evening meal was exellent but a three day menu is not acceptable, as we stayed for two nights we had the same menu. The breakfast table needs a side plate and knife. I didn't like having to use the same knife for my bacon etcetc and then butter my toast with it. Oh and please don't forget the butter and milk. We had to ask for these.
Do try this hotel I recommended it to friends.

Room Tip: ask for the view that you would like. Its either garden or front of hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear wizard3110,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am glad that you enjoyed your short break at our very nice, really lovely Hotel.

I am also delighted you had an excellent evening meal, however sorry your table for breakfast was not set correctly.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We travelled to this hotel in particular to attend to a family wedding and as the reception was held here, most of the family were here.
We had a lovely room and the grounds of the hotel were beautiful. The function room where the reception was held was stunning.
Breakfast was of good quality. Bar prices were expensive but to be expected of a hotel.
The staff were polite attentive and pleased to help.
My daughter was disappointed not to be able to use the pool in the morning that we left but this was Bannatyne rules and understandable when people pay membership to use the facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mercedesblack,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am pleased that you stayed at the Hotel to attend a family wedding.

As mentioned our wedding venue is indeed stunning and serviced by a polite, attentive and willing to help team. I am also delighted that you had a lovely room and enjoyed a good breakfast.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here for one night for business. Checking in was quick and painless (although checking out took some time as the only staff member at reception was busy taking a reservation over the phone). Room was clean and spacious with a king size bed. TV could have done with an upgrade though as it was relatively small. There was also a large gap under and around the door which let in quite a lot of light from the corridor during the night. And as my bed was directly in front of the door it meant that I found it quite hard to get to sleep. I managed to mitigate this slightly by using the bed spread to cover the gap under the door but light was still shining through around the door which was very annoying. The complementary use of the gym is very good though.

My colleagues and I chose to dine at the hotels restaurant. We all ordered steak cooked medium rare. Two of these (including mine) arrived more medium than what we liked so this was returned back to the kitchen without any fuss. When our dishes came back mine was perfect but unfortunately, my colleagues dish was again cooked too long and again was returned to the kitchen. This time however the chef, via the waitress, told us that the steak had to be cooked like that due to the uneven thickness of the meat. I didn't think this helped and was entirely necessary really. Fortunately, breakfast was very good.

Overall, I would probably not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 14
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Concealers,

Thank you for placing your comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed a clean and spacious room at the Hotel.

I am however disappointed that there was an issue with the steaks, I can confirm that the issue was fully resolved on departure and apologies accepted. The comment regarding the door will be resolved, without delay.

On behalf of myself and team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, we do hope you will return sometime in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My fiancé and I wanted to get away for the weekend as we have had quite a stressful time recently.
We wanted somewhere near the coast where we could be pampered and relax. Bannatynes Spa in Hastings was exactly what we need. The grounds and the drive up to the hotel were beautiful. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Our room, which was a superior suite, was wonderful. The bed was so comfortable we both slept better than we have for weeks.

We tried both the conservatory restaurant food and the bar food, both were lovely. Being a coeliac I find it very difficult usually to find anywhere that serves a mainly gluten free menu, however bannatynes more than exceeded my expectations, especially when I came down to breakfast and they had toast there for me.

All in all Bannatynes Spa was wonderful, the only minor letdown was that you had to walk across the car park to get to the Spa.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to any couples looking for a relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Nikki J
Dear Nikki J,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and felt pampered.

I am pleased that you were very comfortable in one of our Superior Rooms, and enjoyed the lovely food in both the restaurant and lounge. It is also very nice to hear that Bannatyne exceeded your expectations. I will pass on your comments to the very friendly and welcoming team.

Bracknell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Found hotel really good, set back off main road so peaceful setting. Hotel clean and modern, we upgraded to a deluxe room and was not disappointed, staff all friendly and helpful, if I had to have a negative it would be feeling a little chilly in the restaurant in the evening as it is set in a conservatory and weather was cool for time of year. Food was very good and there was also lovely grounds that provided loungers to use weather permitting so would definitely stay here again and recommend it

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be good as if at back would have nice garden views , rooms on the front enjo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank relaxedJR
Dear relaxedJR,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you found the hotel really good.

I am pleased that you upgraded to a deluxe room and were not disappointed. I will pass on your comments to the chefs, that you enjoyed the very good food. I have noted your comment regarding the temperature in the restaurant.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

First stay at this Hotel since it became Bannatyne's (it was still the Beauport when I last stayed)
Many of the changes are for the better ..... it's just a shame that the ambience of an 'English gentlemen's country home' have been lost.
The communal areas are light and airy ....well decorated and finished with a very welcoming bar area.
The guest rooms are pleasantly decorated (a few scuffs) but extremely cosy ..... ours was at the front of the hotel just above the left of the main entrance. A nice bathroom ....although for some the step up into the bath/shower may be a bit high. Very comfy bed and a modern flat screen TV.
We only ate breakfasts at the hotel as we ate out in the evenings with friends ...... it was very well presented with an excellent standard selection and selections from the kitchen all in the price.
The hotel is set in very smart grounds ...... worth an amble round.
All in all a very pleasant stay ......we would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GrouchoWestMidlands
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear GrouchoWestMidlands,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your first stay at the Hotel.

I am pleased that you were very comfortable, enjoyed a well presented breakfast and managed to amble round our very smart grounds.

Jamieson Berriman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Zanzibar International Hotel Hastings
Lansdowne
Lansdowne
#7 of 11 in Hastings
Claverton Country House Hotel

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!