“Fantastic Relaxing mini break! Excellent”

Bannatyne Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hastings
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed two nights in a standard room for two and our baby. Bed was very comfortable! I think was king size too. The hotel provided us with a cot for baby free of charge. Room 14 was perfect with views over the woods. Only downside - no fridge. Showers over bath were good and free shower gel and soap were provided with robes for the Spa.
The breakfast was yummy! Plenty of choice from continental buffet to hot cooked breakfast and also a special menu. My partner enjoyed the smoked salmon. The view of the gardens at breakfast is lovely.
Service is great except when we arrived late had to wait for porter who did not give us a key that worked or offer to help with bags.
The Spa is fabulous! I booked for a massage with Sophie -I have had massages in many spas before but this was exceptional! A true professional and a credit to Bannatyne Spa - friendly - superb customer service - great massage and left feeling very relaxed. I then booked a facial after and following day went back for a french manicure,
The spa is standard except the outside hot tubs - WOW! So Amazing!Heaven! Surrounded by trees and heated...just perfect relaxation at its best. Really should keep this a secret sssshhh
The only downside to the spa was the rude receptionist - not very helpful and makes you feel very uncomfortable. I think she definitely need some customer service training as the moody ugh I can't really be bothered approach is definitely not what you would expect from a top spa.
Overall we had a great stay. Our first stay away from home with our baby too!
Parking is plenty and free. Wifi didn't seem to work well in our room.
We would recommend and definitely stay again. Thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 14 - standard and very spacious with view over woodland. No fridge but cant comp...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Caroline V,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am glad you stayed two nights and were very comfortable.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the spa and will make the spa team aware of your kind comments. I am disappointed that you did not get similar service from the night porter, please be assured this was not our usual quality of customer service.

On behalf of myself and team at the Bannatyne Spa Hotel, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We attended a wedding here over the weekend and it was very very nice.

Our room was massive and modern. We could have had a party in it.

The grounds were lovely and because the weather was great the wedding spilled out into the grounds.

The staff were all very helpful too.

In the morning breakfast was in the conservatory which was a little warm in the morning sunshine but hey don't complain it wasn't raining for once.

The food for both the wedding and breakfast were very tasty and cooked lovely.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Saunders-Long,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel to attend a wedding.

I am very pleased that you found your room massive and modern, and you also enjoyed the lovely food at the wedding and breakfast in the restaurant.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a red letter day voucher to use so we chose this hotel in Hastings for our spa night away.
We paid the extra £40 for a grand deluxe room which was a lovely room on the ground floor huge bed and a really big space it was room 4. We both had a massage included in the deal which was in a lovely relaxing room with excellent staff. However we had booked a table in the restaurant the food was delicious but the lack of any service let it down. we were not asked if our food was ok at any point throughout our meal and also no one poured our wine or offered us any more wine or after dinner drinks which was a bit of a let down as they had 3 staff working and only about 5 tables eating.All that said the staff at breakfast were great and we will not hesitate to return in fact we will probably go again in the next few weeks

Room Tip: we were very happy with room 4 on the ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear pubguv,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel on a Spa Night away and upgraded to a Deluxe room.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your treatments, and will pass on your comments to the Spa Team. I am however sorry that you felt there was a lack of service in the restaurant. This is not to our usual high quality of service standard experienced. I am glad that breakfast went well, and the staff were great..

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bannatyne has thought of everything when it comes to relaxion here. The rooms, the restaurant, the spa, the bar area - all pleasing to the eye and very clean. You do however, have to walk for 2 minutes to get to the spa from the hotel so if you wanted to stay in your dressing gown you might want to opt for somewhere with the spa in the basement instead. It's quite difficult to find so you will need Sat Nav or good directions before you set off. Also the drinks at the bar are very expensive. Literally about £8 for a brandy. Go here on an offer including a massage, room and dinner and you'll get your moneys worth. The outside whirlpools are a must too.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished - I wouldn't suggest you splash out for a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elliefantasic

Dear Elliefantasic,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and excellent Spa Deal.

I am glad you found the hotel, pleasing to the eye and very clean. The spa is just a short walk away from the hotel, often our guests walk through our beautiful grounds on the way.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Bannatyne Spa Hotel Hastings. Wow! This was our first spa break and we were not disappointed! My mum and I didn't know what to expect but we were entirely blown away by the entire break!

The facade of the hotel is impressive and instantly made us smile! Upon entering the hotel we were taken back by the stunning, sympathetically restored decor. The receptionist (Amber i believe) was amazing! So friendly and nothing was too much trouble at all. She ran up to our rooms for us to get our gowns and slippers as our spa treatments were before our check in. This didn't bother us at all and we went off to the spa.

We were so lucky with the weather so walking across from the hotel to the leisure facilities wasn't a problem at all! The spa was wonderful - so relaxing and just what we needed! I have a back massage and a scalp massage and my mum went for the facial and scalp massage. We both felt so relaxed - really was wonderful!

After our treatments we went up to our lovely, modern room. Had everything we could possibly need, down to complimentary toiletries and biscuits! ;) My one complaint would be the pillows. They are just so firm and high that my neck and shoulders were in agony and i found it hard to sleep! In the end i put both on the floor and slept on my front with my head on my arms :( My mum took her own pillows as she has spine problems and said she slept amazingly! The room was clean, bright and had it's own temperature settings (Air Con - Wonderful!). Really lovely! A bath would have been nice but we were in a standard room and the shower was impressive (although large shower head didn't work very well but that is just being picky as the other shower head was fab) and lovely so really didn't feel any worse off for having a shower, a bath is just relaxing!

We went down to the bar for a pre dinner drink and discovered that it was happy hour! (2 cocktail for £10) So went for a stroll around the gardens in the dusk with a tequilla sunrise each - divine! Dinner was the finest food i have ever eaten. I had the trio of lamb and it was so succulent it fell apart. My mum had the beef and it was the same! We both went for the apricot tartlette for dessert and the waitress informed us that it takes 15 minutes as its fresh! We were fine with this and wow! totally worth the wait. Gorgeous. :D Our waitress was so attentive; she had blonde hair and an accent but i can't remember her name. Either way, she was fantastic and when i accidentally smashed a water glass (and cringed!) she was brilliant about it and made me feel a lot better about it! Had a wonderful view overlooking the garden in the conservatory. Was just wonderful and felt like another world.

We had another cocktail in the bar and relaxed in the lovely atmosphere before retiring to bed.

The next morning we had a gorgeous breakfast! Had a cooked breakfast each and then some pastries and such from the buffet. Everything was fresh and of the highest quality. Gorgeous! Went back into the leisure facilities for a leisurely swim and relax in the outside hot tubs, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Was wonderful! The pool is quite small but other than that everything is excellent!

We are saving up for our next trip already! :) Incredible place. Don't hesitate to book!

Room Tip: We had room 35. Was lovely - no bath though! Looks out over the garden.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kateeee90

Dear Kateeee90,

WOW! Thank you for placing all your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I will be making the whole team aware of your all your comments. I am glad you mentioned the Cocktail Hour, which is very popular indeed and great value for money.

I also note your one complaint regarding the pillows, please note; we are currently trailing a number of new offerings and will soon be able to put in place.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed for one night , the room was lovely , bathroom and little products exceptional.
I had a beautiful view of the rear gardens which were really well kept, lots of lovely loungers to snuggle on ( if on a romantic break) the reception staff were friendly and helpful . As we're the restaurant staff .

The spa/ gym is not attached to the hotel but takes about 30 seconds to walk to and is impressive , fantastic facilities for a hotel . This is a membership gym for local people. It has a huge gym with lots if equipment, the wet area has a gorgeous jacuzzi , steam, sauna and pool,and to top that two jacuzzis outside on the patio area.

The food was also very nice in the evening , good selection, fillet steak was an extra but very nice . Breakfast again lots if choice and fresh .

Would recommend for a romantic weekend and would imagine it is a popular wedding venue locally.

All in all I would return if I was in the area and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the main house rather than the small side add on . All rooms would be qu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear susan1warwickshire,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am delighted you found your room lovely and had beautiful views of the grounds.

I am pleased that you were able to snuggle on our lovely loungers, and found our team friendly and helpful. Thank you in advance for recommending the Hotel and Spa.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just returned from a short beak at this hotel. Very nice, really lovely. Thoughrilly recommed it. We had a lovely room overlooking the front of the hotel. Spent a lovely evening strolling the gardens and sitting on the lovely garden furnoture. Staff are really nice and very helpfull.
There are juts some small teeks needed:- Evening meal was exellent but a three day menu is not acceptable, as we stayed for two nights we had the same menu. The breakfast table needs a side plate and knife. I didn't like having to use the same knife for my bacon etcetc and then butter my toast with it. Oh and please don't forget the butter and milk. We had to ask for these.
Do try this hotel I recommended it to friends.

Room Tip: ask for the view that you would like. Its either garden or front of hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear wizard3110,

Thank you for placing your kind comments on Trip Advisor, I am glad that you enjoyed your short break at our very nice, really lovely Hotel.

I am also delighted you had an excellent evening meal, however sorry your table for breakfast was not set correctly.

Jamieson Berriman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
3 mi away
Eagle House Hotel
#7 of 11 in Hastings
Claverton Country House Hotel
The Mermaid Inn

Been to Bannatyne Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!