“Easter Break”

Shear Barn Holidays & Touring
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My Parents had a caravan on this site for about 15 years but gave it up about 6 years ago. Since then we have been returning each year at Easter with the whole family. The site has changed a lot over the years all for the better. We stayed in a 3 bedroom lodge which on arrival was spotlessly clean. these lodges are extremely comfortable a well appointed. A nice change from last year was the provision of towels and a Tassimo coffee machine. the scenery around this place is stunning and if you like walking as we do there is some really nice walks. you can walk to Hastings across the downs in about half an hour and if you don't fancy the steps you can take a trip on the cliff railway. We didnt go to the club or restaurant this year as we were all too tired from all the walking! The Kitchen is so well appointed that cooking is easy and the dish washer and washing machine is a real bonus the youngsters used the swimming pool which they all enjoyed especially all the inflatables that were provided. some of the adults in our party also used the gym which was very good. all in all this is a great place to stay very quiet and beautifully set in the hills. The staff are all friendly and queries are dealt with instantly. I would recommend this place to anyone and we are all looking forward to returning next Easter.

Room Tip: The lodges near the pool and clubhouse have pleasant see views and there is not too much noise from...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kelly O, General Manager at Shear Barn Holidays & Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at Shearbarn Holiday Park.

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodation. I’m glad to see that on your arrival your lodge was clean and tidy. Our team have worked extremely hard on these lodges over the winter period and it’s great to hear the attention to detail is appreciated by our guests. Thank you for your feedback regarding our new welcome packs and reading your positive comments is wonderful. Shearbarn is great for walking down to Hastings as its surrounded by lovely countryside.

The positive feedback regarding our team is really great to hear and I will be passing your review onto them. I am sure the team here at Shearbarn will appreciate your positive feedback.

Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again in 2015.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Mum and Granddad & Lady (the dog) were already there and invited us up for the Easter weekend!

As you might of guessed these like log cabins are Dog friendly!
The entrances have lovely decking to the front door and inside are fitted out very well indeed

This one was 2 bedroom with 1 en-suite bathroom again clean, plenty of hot water with Tassimo coffee maker with pods, A full size washing machine, fridge and freezer and cooker too and toaster!
Very comfy sleep at night & good assortment of tv channels.

There is a swimming pool (small), a little gym & shop and like a social club (quite pricy I found) upstairs which was very noisy, lots of excited kids!!

Pleasantly surprised and will look into coming here again in the future!

Room Tip: They All Have Good Locations
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Kelly O, General Manager at Shear Barn Holidays & Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your review of Shearbarn Holiday Park.

Its brilliant to hear positive comments about our accommodation. Thank you for your comments about all of the added extras we have placed into our accommodation, it’s good to see that they made your stay that little bit more enjoyable. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and are looking to come back again in the future.

We hope to see you all and Lady again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We have used this site for many years. It changed hands around 5 years ago. Its a much better site with the facilities now updated and amazing walks and views. During the summer take a walk into the firehills where you will be dazzled by all the fireflies but take cream too! The facilities were kept very clean but its attention to detail that let the site down. In the gents out of around 10 soap dispencers only 1 had soap in at 11am. the water saver taps stop water flow as soon as the tap is released and makes hot water hard to achieve. Not good if you have weak muscles or arthrithis. Some pitches are very unlevel but.the site was also clean with a great play area. Freezers were also provide for ice blocks. A nice touch. Its honest to say its a basic site. Well kept and great value for money.

Thank you for your review of Shearbarn Holiday Park.

It was great to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us and found the park clean. Thank you for your comments, which I will pass onto our team and we will look at improving the finer details on our site.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Heading home from a 5 day Easter break with my husband, 2 teenagers and toddler. What an amazing place! We stayed in a VIP lodge with a hot tub, bliss. It was immaculately clean, the staff can't do enough for you and it was the perfect short break. The food in the restaurant is excellent and really good value too. We're already planning our return. Such good value for money and a great base to explore Hastings from, lots to see and do. Highly recommended!!!

Mrs Thompson

Thank you for your review of Shearbarn Holiday Park

It’s wonderful to receive positive comments on the standard of our accommodation. I will also pass on the positive comments about the restaurant to our complex manager who will be delighted.

Thanks again for a brilliant review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked a 9 night stay, after getting up the lane to get to the site with Parked cars, I expect this could get worse with more cars parked in the way for caravans,I pulled on the first day (Friday)and was allocated to a different pitch than we picked the week before, to be moved by the warden after we said no we picked a different pitch! Took my family to the showers to find out that 1 out of 4 was working in the ladies, my partner said the lighting was very poor in the men's. My electric kept tripping with my Hoover tho I was told they run off 10 amps which most sites do and my Hoover has been fine!! My family and I decided to go to the bar/restaurant in the evening we found the walk from the touring field to there was a dangerous walk as no lighting and big pot holes, our little boy fell over and smacked his face on the ground. After all this we pulled off on Sunday after going to reception to complain and request a refund i was told they couldn't help I needed to see the general manager who wasn't in till the Monday. After speaking to the general manager he has said to me he can only offer me a 5 day stay (off peak, I booked on peak) for free.

5  Thank Fastcarlover
Kelly O, General Manager at Shear Barn Holidays & Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Shearbarn Holiday Park.

We do take note of all reviews, both positive and negative.

I understand that our Holiday Sales Manager has been liaising with you regarding your recent feedback, but should you wish to contact the park directly to discuss this further please email admin@shearbarn.co.uk .

Finally, please accept our sincere apologies if we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last year with my mother and daughter for a camping trip
The staff where great
The facilities on site are great everything you need
Nice central location to town
But just far enough out that you don't get any disturbances

Booked another stay this year and we can't wait to come back

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of Shearbarn Holiday Park

It's greats to hear such wonderful comments out our site, staff and facilities. I will be passing your kind comments onto or staff and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks again for your great review and hopefully see in again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Returned today from a 5 day break in a lodge at Shearbarn. Our 2 bedroom VIP lodge was great with private hot tub with complimentary welcome pack and champagne. Lodge was spotlessly clean and the staff were extremely helpful (especially when I got a flat tyre on my car and the receptionist kindly rang the garage to advise I was coming down to get a new tyre!). We ate three times in the Retreat Bar and restaurant and we enjoyed the food burgers, steaks, fajiatas, curry and a good childrens menu. We had a powercut in our lodge and after going to reception, the staff were there within a few minutes and fixed it. Maybe one suggestion would be our kitchen could have been better equipped. We had the latest coffee machine and toaster etc but it didn't have the basic utensils (ie I cooked a fried egg but there was nothing to serve it with so had to use a wooden spoon!) There were also no placemats or coasters either so the kitchen could be better equipped but that's my only complaint! I will be coming back to visit again this year.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of Shearbarn Holiday Park.

It’s brilliant to hear great comments about our accommodation, facilities and the level of service our team delivered. I am also glad to hear that you are going to be coming back again this year.

Thank you again for your positive comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.