Sherwood Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
  • Breakfast included
Lansdowne(Hastings)
The Northern Hotel(Bexhill-on-Sea)
  • Room Service
All reviewsbo peepfried breadsea frontb btop floorsea viewensuite bathroomfull english breakfastcooked breakfastst leonardshostspark
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed here for one night in the summer we were attending a local party so needed somewhere to change and sleep for the night. As we were only going to use the room for the above I booked a standard twin with a shared bathroom, yes it was the cheapest, ( I think it was about £70 for B&B ) but I honestly couldn't believe the room that we were given.

Frankly to me a standard twin is that. This was just awful. The room was at the top of the guest house and it was TINY, with the twin beds end to end with a sloping ceiling to one side. The space between the beds and the chest of drawers and the wardrobe, was minimal with a absolute squeeze to get changed. The window was half a window, from recollection I seem to remember thinking that the room must have been halved in size at some point. I was so concerned about safety that I actually stood and read the evacuation procedures displayed in the corridor, because no one was going to get out of the window in the event of a fire ! I have stayed in just loads of hotels and guest houses all over the world and have never done that before !

As other reviewers have identified the guest house was very clean and the owners friendly with average breakfast. I had to think long and hard before I posted this review as I don't like to give bad feedback but this was not a standard twin, no way. This was a really small room with beds end to end, That is not a standard twin. Still furious !

Room Tip: Do not, do not, do not, book a standard twin here !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank UKBella
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed for one night whilst attending a local party. Was surprised by pleasant location, practically on the seafront. Free parking on the road outside. Small room, but clean and comfortable. Shower and toilets rooms on corridor were clean. Soap available as well as coffee/tea/biscuits in room. Friendly host. Breakfast nothing special. Good value!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyMichelle
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed at the Sherwood Guest House for the August Bank Holiday weekend 2012 and was thoroughly impressed. Jeanette was the perfect landlady, very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable, cosy and most importantly - spotless. The en suite was the same, with complimentary soaps and shower caps. I had forgotten my hair dryer and was able to borrow one from reception, I was thankful of this since the weather was not on our side! The breakfast was delicious, we both had the full English which filled us up until dinner time. The B&B is a good 40 min walk outside of Hastings which meant it was quiet and peaceful. We both had 2 really good nights sleep and would 100% stay here again, cannot fault it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

just returned from 4 nights stay at the sherwood this is a lovely clean guest house in a nice location of hastings there are no parking problems here. the guest house certainly deserves its 4*rating,for its high standards. the proprietors jeanette and jim morgan make you feel most welcome, the breakfast is of high standard full english to any combination you require, the rooms are spotless and the beds are comfy, we shall be returning here in the future on our visits to st leonards as we have family living here, but prefer to have our own space.

Room Tip: room 9 large with ensuite on back nice and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed just for one night only in room 9 on the first floor at the back looking over the garden , very peaceful. Made to feel very welcome. Room was spotlessly clean. Apparently over the last four years it has been completely redecorated and this shows. The shower was nice & hot which always gets top marks with me. Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits ( I asked for fresh milk and that was no trouble) . easy free parking , the beach is right opposite , it was busy with wind surfers and kite surfers. Ate in Hastings, good selection of restuarants here , we ate in the pomegranate which was very good, with local fish

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple