Alexanders Bed & Breakfast Hastings
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$181
Grand Hotel(Hastings)
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$124
PremierInn.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Lansdowne(Hastings)
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewb bsea frontshampoo and soaptop floorold townunderground parkingsingle roomno liftstay there againperfect locationseafront hotelthird floorbed and breakfastfree wifismall roomwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Every year we visit Hastings for six days with a group of 30-50 students from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and the teachers and coach driver stay at Hotel Alexanders. The teachers always explicitly ask for Alexanders because we like this hotel: the personal touch, the great breakfast, free wifi and nice and homely facilities make this hotel an ideal place to stay for us.
I personally stayed for the tenth time at Alexanders, April 2012, and hope to come there many more times!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ardy B
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at Alexanders for the third year running, as I love to support the Hastings Beatles Day, fund raiser for Macmillan Cancer Charity. Although I only stay for the weekend the staff remember me, which is lovely. Each time I have stayed the accommodation has been improved, no resting on their laurels. The cleanliness is extremely good. The location is brilliant, right on the sea-front, with free overnight, underground parking available just outside the front door - just ask for the parking card when registering. The breakfast offers enough choice and quantity to set you up for the day. And as this is a period building with many floors the stairs keep you fit! Hope to see you again in 2013.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a fabulous sea view, but there is a road running parallel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I enjoyed my Recent stay at this B&B, but have had to make a complaint to booking.com When i made my booking it was advertised as a 4star Hotel on the website. I made a booking for a double room (2people) expecting hotel facilities.
When we arrived on Monday we found it was not a hotel but a b&b guest house which is not what i wanted. By then it was too late to make any changes and so i made do with what we had been booked into.
The owners are very polite and helpful and it is very tastefully decorated inside.
I was warned later on when i met the owners that we had been moved to a sea view room which was nice problem was it was very small and if i had booked clients there i would have classed it as a single room the bed was smaller than a double and there was not enough hanging space for two of us to use.
None of this ruined my break if was was wanting to book a bed and breakfast in future i would definitely stay here again it was just unfortunate booking .com miss advertised

Room Tip: If you request a sea view room you will here passing traffic. this is too be expected it is an old period building and to appreciate your holiday a sea view is a must
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dawn w
Reviewed 27 March 2012

had a lovely time staying at Alexanders! cant wait to stay again. Very polite, showed us best place to park, easily accommodated the fact i was pregnant by giving us 1st floor room. Room was spotless and lovely decor. Overall a perfect last minute weekend away for me and the hubby! Thanks again for a fab stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

G'day
I stayed here in Nov 2011 for two nights for the third time in three years on what has been a yearly visit to England from Australia. I have nothing but praise for the down-to-earth owners Keith and Wendy, who I have consistantly found to be welcoming, accommodating, and hardworking in improving the hotel for their guests. The last of the 16 ensuites had just been fully renovated when I arrived this time. Also I found extra tv channels, and free wifi in the room. If I make it to Hastings again, I will not hesitate to stay at this hotel. It really is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Book a front room in advance for a beach view!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo