“Try to get a Sea View Room- Can be noisy if you don't!!!”

Alexanders Bed & Breakfast Hastings
Ranked #21 of 47 Hastings B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here on a saturday night, we didn't specify a sea view room as we didn't really mind having one or not so we had a room on 3rd floor which overlooked the street. We didn't mind hearing street noise and traffic to be honest as we live in a busy area however what i DO mind is being kept awake until 3.45am because of a pub/club's thumping music nearby???? I even heard the room next door to mine trying to shut the (double) windows to keep the noise out more but it didn't work......this was a real shame because we loved the value for money, the friendly reception from the owners on arrival, the clean, neat and tidy bedrooms which had everything we needed and breakfast the next day was ok. It was made to order but for £7.50 it is a bit steep for what it is......the Guest House has a great location and we loved being by the sea but next time we'll ask for a sea view room because it might mean being further away from the noise on a saturday night!

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms should be quieter......
There are newer reviews for Alexanders Bed & Breakfast Hastings

Reviewed 7 May 2012

My Gf & I stayed for the one night while in Hastings, very affordable (£70) considering booked two day's prior to arriving. Nice, simple, clean room with decent en-suite (good shower & clean). Wifi worked fine in our room & window's view included the sea but mainly the high street which was nice for the price...never indulged in the breakfast but people there were generally welcoming & helpful.

1  Thank Leon A
Reviewed 7 May 2012

What a fanastic experience! Beautiful balcony, seaview!
Comfortable, clean, very well decorated, modern room and bathroom!
Clean towels daily.
Beds far too comfortable!!!!! :-)
Lovely breakfast.
Very kind and pleasant staff.
Hotel situated just around the corner to shops and sea front amusements!!
Superb restaurant recommendations!!!! (Jalis!!!)

Run by a very very lovely couple. Very welcoming. Super fast at responding to my email. Could not have asked for better. Will be returning later on this year with my daughter!

Room Tip: As for a seaview! You wont be disappointed!!!
1  Thank jodie s
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We found Alexanders to be a well positioned guest house on the see front ten minutes walk from the old town. The hotel is very clean,fresh and breakfasts are cooked to order,very nice.We received a very warm welcome, a pride is taken in this guest house. We had a sea view room all freshly decorated, may be lacks a little space but it was ok for our 2 day stay.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed for 2 nights over the Easter BH weekend 2012 and booked a double room with sea view.
We were greeted by Jenny who was very pleasant and showed us to our room.
The room was a very small double, no space for a wardrobe but had an ikea type open hanging unit which was fine for a weekend but would not be adequate for a full week.
There is an ensuite bathroom which looked very new and well appointed. The bed was not very comfortable and the duvet not really adequate in weight and size for a double bed in April.
Breakfast was an optional extra @ £7.50 each and a sample menu was at the back of the information folder but in our room the sample menu was missing. There were also recommended restaurants and we did try Jali, just further down the parade and it was excellent.

To explain my problem with the customer service aspect of the B&B this is an extract from their own website; "Every room has a flat screen TV with integrated FreeView, complimentary high speed wireless Internet, hair dryer and tea/coffee making facilities. There is also ironing facilities located on every floor".
Additionally, the website states that there is no one available at the hotel between 13.00 &16.00hrs which is unusual and not really very good but we had to accept that.
BH Monday weather was miserable and therefore we were in no rush to go out and so spent a lazy morning in the hotel. At approximately 12.45 my wife, who had just come out of the shower mentioned to me that she had not see the hairdryer and could I just check with 'reception' where it might be. So I went downstairs to ask how we would obtain the hairdryer. I rang the bell 3 times, waited for someone to arrive but clearly the hotel was empty.
I rang the allocated number available for enquiries and assistance and this was answered by someone who never actually introduced himself so I assumed he was Keith the hotel owner named on the website. I informed him that I was ringing from Alexanders to which the immediate reply was "ring back at 4 we are not taking reservations". I explained that I was one of his guests and was trying to find out where I would be able to obtain a hairdyer. The response was " there is no one at the hotel. I could then hear him ask a female if there were hairdryers in the rooms, I heard her say that "there used to be but people took them and that there were notices in the rooms explaining this".
There was no such notice in either the room or the information folder. I then asked what was he going to do about lack of facilites to which he replied, "well nothing" and to my question as to whether he going to come back to help us and he said no he was not and that there would be someone back in the hotel at 4pm.
The lack of hairdryer itself is not the issue although it was inconvenient, what I am most annoyed about is the poor, uninterested and frankly rude attitude of the hotel owners.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank glbb
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Words fail me I never expected such a wonderful experience . Although i'm no seasoned traveler, I sure know quality hospitality when I see it. Gordon and Lynda Rix

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Every year we visit Hastings for six days with a group of 30-50 students from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and the teachers and coach driver stay at Hotel Alexanders. The teachers always explicitly ask for Alexanders because we like this hotel: the personal touch, the great breakfast, free wifi and nice and homely facilities make this hotel an ideal place to stay for us.
I personally stayed for the tenth time at Alexanders, April 2012, and hope to come there many more times!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business