Alexanders Bed & Breakfast Hastings
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$151
  • Beachfront
US$119
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$125
PremierInn.com
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Lansdowne(Hastings)
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewb bsea frontshampoo and soaptop floorold townunderground parkingsingle roomno liftstay there againperfect locationseafront hotelthird floorbed and breakfastfree wifismall roomwarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Was really pleased with the service we received very clean and comfortable and got free parking from 4pm till 11am which was a bonus would recommend this place to friends and family will go back again

2  Thank susan_brown5151
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We booked through laterooms at 10pm, and left london to drive to Hastings arriving just after midnight. We arrived exhausted and I rang the door bell. Waited. No answer. Rang a second door bell. Waited, no answer. Called the number of the hotel reception. Guess what? Yes, no answer. Waited outside in the cold, late at night around 3 minutes and decided to ring the bell again.This time I kept my finger on the buzzer. What else was I supposed to do? About 5 minutes later a chap comes out, shouting and telling us in no uncertain terms - no bookings accepted after 9pm. I show him my booking receipt recieved 10.39 that night. He gives us short words unrepeatable even in french on this site, treats us with total contempt and is so far beyond reason as to appear drunk. In more than 10 years of being on TA I have never experienced such terrible level of customer service as this. For all those thinking of booking here, do yourselves a favour, there are plenty of decent alternatives, look around. One word - AVOID!

4  Thank BillUK32
Keith R, Owner at Alexanders Bed & Breakfast Hastings, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

It surprises me that trip advisor allow a review like this to be posted when a guest has not even stayed at our establishment. We are a small guest house run by myself and my wife and not a hotel which I think this reviewer thought he had booked!! We use national booking sites such as late rooms to help with room sales and as you can understand like many guesthouses we do not have night porters or night staff to deal with late arrivals therefore we have to close each evening at 9pm as the following day is an early start with our breakfast serviced starting at 7am. All opening and closing times are given to all the national booking sites we use (late rooms etc) and this information is clearly stated in the description and also in the terms and conditions. I ask why this guest booked a room at 10.39pm when it clearly states that we close at 9pm I can also NOT understand why at the time of booking they agreed to our terms and conditions when it clearly states we close at 9pm. Would anyone try and go shopping when a shop is closed?? NO!! However by the sound of things this reviewer seems to think that this is ok. As for being drunk I would say that if you are woken from a deep sleep with someone’s finger kept on the buzzer you would be a bit delirious and not in the same frame of mind as someone that had been awake for hours. Yes maybe I was not my friendly self at that hour of the morning but I am only human!! Me and my wife enjoy running our business and have put a lot of hard work and money into getting our business to a very good standard and this shows in other reviews posted on Trip Advisor. May I also add BILLUK32 that looking at your past reviews you have posted you don’t seem to have very good experiences at the places you stay or visit. Half of the 52 reviews you have posted are average or below which is a very high percentage. Can I suggest in future you always read your terms and conditions and maybe book a hotel that offers a night porter if you are arriving late.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel at, quite literally the last minute. And even with that, my husband and I were warmly greeted at the door! The B&B is very well kept and inviting. We were taken up to our room, a gorgeous double bedroom with its own loo and shower. And we were upgraded to a seafront room which made the experience even better.
Parking was a breeze and the hotel is very well located.
All in all, a great hotel with great staff and facilities. We would definitely recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misslisk
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just returned from a one night stay at Alexanders, We booked two adjacent seaview rooms on the first floor which had the advantage of a shared balcony. All rooms are en-suite, ours were both doubles and one had an extra single bed. The rooms were perhaps a little small but with very comfortable beds, mini fridge, tea & coffee facilities and biscuits. Towels, shampoo, shower gel were also provided. It was more than adequate for our needs and at a very reasonable price for a seafront hotel. The balcony was certainly a bonus. We found Alexanders fresh and clean throughout and with a lovely breakfast room where excellent breakfasts were cooked to order in short time. Keith and his staff were attentive, cheerful and friendly, we were given a complimentary overnight parking permit for the patrolled underground car park immediately in front of the hotel. This gave us free safe parking from 4 p.m. until 11 a.m. the following day - a real plus point. Being right on the seafront, the hotel affords a level walk between the new and old towns, and it would be difficult to find a better location. We will definitely check for vacancies for our next visit to Hastings.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are smaller but have seaview. First floor front have a balcony.
1  Thank bparkercars
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Keith and Wendy were very welcoming, the guest house is a lovely old building with nice modern rooms. We had a lovely sea view, and would happily stay there again. Alexanders is a great sea front location yet still very near the shops. Our only constructive criticism is the shower is not for tall people ( even at maximum height ), and the breakfast time slot could do with being longer than just 7.30 - 8.30am. how ever we still had a fantastic stay and would highly recommend.
Love to come back again soon.

Room Tip: pay a little more money and get a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple