“A Winner”

Gurkha Chef
Ranked #49 of 385 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Nepalese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are new-ish to St Leonards and this was luckily one of the first places where we ate out. Now having been 3 times and had their take-aways twice, we are SO impressed. The food is always absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced. We will be going back soon!

1  Thank MissyHeath

Reviewed 12 January 2014

A most pleasant dining room and staff but the food was heavy and its flavours amorphous and flat. It was certainly cooked to order but yielded no sense of freshness. What more to say? A great disappointment, and certainly as compared with some years ago.

3  Thank MisterNev
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We visit the Gurkha Chef at least once a week and the food is always superb! The staff are very friendly and always take the time to make us feel very welcome. The food is always to a high standard and the chefs accommodate any changes I would like to make. We've celebrated many birthdays here over the years, and insist on taking any visitors! The wine is very reasonably priced, and the menu is small but covers all tastes. The Gurkha roll is my personal favorite, followed by Bangor Ledo and the most amazing aubergine side..so much food! Thursdays and Sundays are a brilliant way to try new dishes as they offer a banquet night. Well worth a try!

2  Thank SarahCarver760
Reviewed 8 December 2013

After many visits, I have finally got around to reviewing this restaurant! The food is different and delicious. The service is friendly and unhurried. Its best to book to be sure of a table but they will always try to fit you in. Try the Ashwayri chicken for a mild delicious treat and add some Dahl! I eat there at least twice a month, sometimes with family and sometimes with friends. An added bonus is that they take the tastecard

1  Thank Liandy
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I visited Hastings on business during November. This restaurant is located along the sea front.

At first I was looking for my usual Indian cuisine and found this first. Knowing the cuisine is alway been good where I live I thought I'd try this.

I had the pork chilli and I have to say I was impressed. The staff were attentive and food came out very quickly. A good choice and good food.

Reasonably priced. I would recommend trying if you get the chance.