“Fantastic Great Food”

Add it.
Reina Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Hampshire
“Fantastic Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

We had mixed reviews but fears were allayed, the owner friendly and fun the food amazing quality , fresh cooked to perfection and good choice, service second to none, shame it wasnt closer to home!!

Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Awful service, awful management, zombie like staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

My partner and I went to this restaurant on a Saturday evening. This restaurant is listed as Reina on the internet, is called Mexicana on the outside of the restaurant and the plates say Gap Restaurant. That in itself didn't instil much faith in me. When we arrived our booking could not be found, when it was found the staff, the manager and a waitress, promptly left us to tell people stood at the door that they could not come in. They didn't offer to seat us or inform us to buy a drink so we asked a girl on the bar what we should do. She called the manager and told him to seat us.
Once seated we weren't told about specials or asked if we wanted a drink. We waited 15 minutes for our drinks order to be taken, then in quick succession 2 waitresses came up to ask if we had ordered drinks yet. The manager who took our drinks order then came back to check what beer I had ordered.The drinks arrived and we waited an age for our food orders to be taken. We weren't offered sides and no recommendations were made. The manager who took our order again had to come back and check what we had ordered. There were no waitressing pads to be seen!
Our starter of nachos arrived, which to be fair were lovely and the guacamole was really good. Starter was cleared and main brought out. Rice was dull, not very tasty and cold. The fried tortilla I had was fair, not very spicy and again not much flavour. Portion size was small for the price of the meal. No check back was performed and I was not offered any more drinks although by the point of complaining my bottle had been empty for 45 minutes.
Duing the meal I heard a man on a nearby table ask for tap water and the waitress told him they only had bottled water as their taps weren't working. I mentioned this to the manager's son when I complained and he said she meant beer taps, however on looking there were no beer taps!
I complained to the manager's son who was very well presented in a shirt and he seemed to take me seriously, however after taking the complaint back to his father who is the manager I got offended further. The manager came over making a bit of a scene and when I said his staff had no interaction with the customer, having ran bars and restaurants for many years I know good service, he told me rather rudely that if I could do a better job then maybe I should show his staff and then promptly turned his back on me and walked off.
It took 20 minutes from the time of complaint for our bill to be brought to us which was incorrect. When the bill was finally brought to us correctly I was about ready to walk out without paying. The worst experience I have ever had in a restaurant. You get better service in a fast food joint.
I shall never eat here again and I'm not one to complain usually but I was appalled with the service here and it left me shaking with anger.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank DIablo2705
Hastings
“Good for a change...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

We've eaten here on a number of occasions. The food is good (although sometimes over cooked) but is overpriced and doesn't represent good value for money. The atmosphere is good when it gets busy but earlier on in the evening can be a bit dull. The cocktails are very good but again overpriced. Shame there aren't more of this type of restaurant to chose from in this area.

• Visited June 2012
Chandler, Arizona
“The Best Mexican Food I've Had in Britain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

As an American living in Britain who grew up with both authentic Mexican food and Tex-Mex, I have sorely missed both. This is the only place I've been to in my time here that fit the bill. Fantastically good, both as 'real' Mexican food and just fresh, delicious food. I had some Chicken tacos, which were just perfect. The guacamole in particular was fantastic. The prices were very reasonable and the house wine very nice. My friend was very happy with her veg enchiladas as well. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be going back next time I'm in Hastings.

• Visited October 2012
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

My husband and I went on a Wednesday evening for our anniversary. The food was lovely and the service excellent. The waitress couldn't have done more for us. We definitely be going back.

• Visited September 2012