“Could be better”

Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whites is in the heart of the old town of Hastings.With seating inside and out and doing the best seafood that Hastings has to offer.we try and use as much local produce as we can, using our own R.X fishing fleet for example.Our biggest seller by far is fresh English mussels, we sell in excess of 150 to 250 kilo's a week.And of course local haddock or cod with homemade tartar sauceOn the meat side we use a small independent country butchers, supplying the best British meat to offer.Please remember we do good food not fast food
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The sea bass we had was quite tasty, but I think they have a lot of work to do in terms of their customer service. Staff could be friendlier and more attentive. We asked for a glass of wine and they put an open bottle on our table, seemed to be in a rush. Also the restaurant could do with a bit of a spruce up.

There are newer reviews for White's Seafood & Steak Bar

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

First time together. I had been disappointed on two previous visits with parents. We had been really nicely spoken to as we looked at the menu previously that we were dying to try it.
For me the steak was the best I've had in months. Longer locally!
It was perfectly cooked medium rare as requested.
I had gone for the surf and turf on the promise of tiger prawns!
The prawns were barely king prawn and that would have put me off ordering it had I been made aware.
Without it the steak was perfect and I can't stress that enough.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just happened to be in Hastings. Chose at random. Best whitebait ever! We both had seafood stew which was plentiful and delicious, The staff were friendly, efficient and welcoming. All in all a great experience!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Five of us went for lunch and all ordered differently. We were all very happy with our meals and would all go back again, infact this restaurant would be our first choice when in Hastings, which sadly is not often enough. The food is well presented, delicious, plentiful and HOT, at reasonable prices. Hot food is a must for us. The staff and owner were attentive and polite and made us all feel welcome. Well done and keep it up.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First time in Hastings for 10 years...lovely day and ended up in the Old Town. Happened upon Whites and they had a table. I had Sea Bass and my husband had Dover Sole.....all cooked brilliantly with great chips too! Staff really helpful and friendly and service excellent. We will go back when next in Hastings. Well done to you all.....have a great summer.

1  Thank Annie C